The Great Seal US Dollar?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by EqtTrdr, Jan 28, 2007.

1. I have to stop drinking Thunderbird, MD2020 and Nighttrain .... and I keep forgetting to take my meds...(420)

I watched a program on TV about the history of "The Great Seal" on the US Dollar....

I am trying to keep an open mind here so someone please let me know the actual facts...... thank you...

Why is there a pyramid on the back of the US dollar if there are no pyramids in the USA?

What's with the all seeing eye above the incomplete pyramid? Wasn't this a Masonic symbol?

I tried to search google but all I get is conspiracy sites and a one sided view...

Can anyone please tell me the US government explanation of "the great seal" on the US dollar?

Thank you :D

2. hcour

hcour Guest

From the US Treasury site FAQ:

Question: What is the significance of the symbols on the back of the one-dollar bill? I'm particularly interested in the eye and the pyramid.

Answer: The eye and the pyramid shown on the reverse side of the one-dollar bill are in the Great Seal of the United States. The Great Seal was first used on the reverse of the one-dollar Federal Reserve note in 1935. The Department of State is the official keeper of the Seal. They believe that the most accurate explanation of a pyramid on the Great Seal is that it symbolizes strength and durability. The unfinished pyramid means that the United States will always grow, improve and build. In addition, the "All-Seeing Eye" located above the pyramid suggests the importance of divine guidance in favor of the American cause. The inscription ANNUIT COEPTIS translates as "He (God) has favored our undertakings," and refers to the many instances of Divine Providence during our Government's formation. In addition, the inscription NOVUS ORDO SECLORUM translates as "A new order of the ages," and signifies a new American era.

Harold