The Great Depression Starts Today

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pa(b)st Prime, Nov 30, 2007.

1. I only see Gold, Silver, Oil pulled back 5-10% from new highs. Aluminum at a major support level. Coal, Steel fine. Sure, meat down, grain totally blah. Only see natural gas getting 'smoked'.

Keep in mind I am short UNG and own DUG, but see most commodities pulling back from highs.

#11     Nov 30, 2007
  2. Very good post.

#12     Nov 30, 2007
  3. between now and the first week to ten days of '08, I could care less what the market does. Golf has its silly season, and the markets can have theirs as well. I may get interested when the brokers report. They should be God awful again, but is will be interesting to see what kind of alchemy GS has been doing over the last couple months. Once companies start reporting 4th qtr. earnings? uh oh!. '08 is going to be a pretty tough year for stocks, bonds and if the fed is hell bent to cut rates to zero again? Kiss the dollars ass goodbye. Just my .02...Happy trading!

#13     Nov 30, 2007
  4. i love the title of this thread.

#14     Nov 30, 2007
  5. Shouldn't it be The Great Depression II.

#15     Nov 30, 2007
  6. Lucrum

Lucrum

"The Great Depression Starts Today"

Prozac

:)

#16     Nov 30, 2007
  7. Wouldn't a late day NAZ rally and/or gap up Monday morning accomplish this 're-synch' as well?

#17     Nov 30, 2007
  8. yip, :)

the 'A' in the MA formation is in, the peak on FED day. Watch for a rapid decline.

#18     Nov 30, 2007
  9. #19     Nov 30, 2007
  10. piezoe

piezoe

Essentially i agree. With regard to stocks, in particular. Eventually though, we should see a bear market for awhile, but perhaps not until 2009, when the enthusiasm for propping things up has waned.. Horrendous inflation right now of everything imported from Canada or Western Europe. Perhaps we should invade another country. There is still time between now and Fall 2008 if we hurry.

#20     Dec 1, 2007