The Great Bond Bubble

Discussion in 'Financial Futures' started by Spectre2007, Nov 18, 2012.

1. #11     Nov 19, 2012
  2. I agree with you but anyone who has tried to short the TSY has been carried on their shield.

#13     Nov 24, 2012
  3. you can't trade it unless your in the midst of it. Inflation has to be cited in the media and by the FED. Meaning the FED brings back inflation to achieve other policies, and higher rates. Till then pick a retrace and get long TSY's.

#14     Nov 24, 2012
  4. if real estate is really improving.. it would command long term rates to snap up. Unless the FED continues to keep the long end down. The yield curves slope should increase.

#16     Dec 8, 2012
  5. most houses in my area that were for sale.. are sold.. there seems to be some momentum in the economy.. Once FED stops creating the market for treasuries, the yields will snap like rubber band up.

Inflation cycle of the economy is starting, the growth were seeing is from the printing presses.

#17     Jan 16, 2013
  6. just wait til we break that yield trendline and get ready to get short. it'll cross 0% in the ty in just a handful of years so the entry is coming up! i know i'll be leaning short on all of my spreads once that happens.

#18     Jan 16, 2013
  7. It's good thread. Which one do you guys think the best bet? 30 yr, 10 yr or 2 yr T-bond or note?

Thanks.

#19     Jan 27, 2013
  8. WoodyK

WoodyK

I LOVE the 30 yr T- Bond. My son has only been trading it for about a week (we're S&P traders) and long term "investors" in Gold and Crude Oil, but it is a spectacular vehicle to trade. He visited his sister on the east coast to take advantage of the time zone, but we decided today to relocate to Europe because many opportunities to trade occur in their time frame. That's a big move for an older individual set in his ways (ME) but we are doing it.

I have an ulterior motive. I am now single and HATE American women. In the next 5 years I should find what I'm looking for...

#20     Feb 15, 2013