The Governments Great Track Record of Providing Healthcare

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Why is world would anybody CHOOSE a private insurance company if the government has an insurance program? The private insurance companies aren't interested in YOUR health care: they make their profits by suppressing payments for health care. They will also DROP YOU as soon as you need to collect on the benefits.

However, the current plan does not preclude your ability to use a private insurance company. In fact, the current plan relies on the current system of employer-based health insurance: that is the biggest flaw in the plan.

I believe that the best system would be structured like our educational system: everybody pays for and everybody can use it. If, like schooling, you want to go the private route then you should be free to do so. But, once again, why would anybody do that?

#11     Oct 31, 2009
  2. "Not a single left winger can come forward with a straight face and defend government run healthcare. Awesome."

The VA is government run health care.....

#12     Oct 31, 2009
  3. I, nor anyone else in my family or anyone else I know, has ever ONCE been dropped by an insurance provider when I needed to 'collect' on the benefits. In fact, I'm shocked they've payed for so much given they don't care about my health care and only care about their 2-3% profit margin. I'm flabbergasted when I get a bill and see that they actually reduced the fees my doctor billed and passed those savings on to me. What a scam!

Page 94—Section 202(c) prohibits the sale of private health insurance policies, beginning in 2013, forcing individuals to purchase coverage through the federal government.

You were saying...

#13     Oct 31, 2009
  4. Maybe you and your family have been lucky to not contract a CHRONIC condition.

In 2007 over 60% of bankruptcies were due to medical bills. That's 6 out of 10. Furthermore, of 60% bankrupted by medical bills, 3/4 of them had health insurance when they got sick. So 6 out of 10 bankruptcies are due to medical bills and 4 out of those 6 had health insurance.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/05/bankruptcy.medical.bills/

As far as Page 94 goes.... I have not heard anybody talking about the elimination of private health insurance companies. I keep hoping that I will hear it but I haven't so far.

#14     Oct 31, 2009

5. ??

So let me get this straight.

Question: Defend government run healthcare.

Answer: The VA is government run healthcare.

LOL, where does ET find these people?

#15     Oct 31, 2009
  6. Bunch of right wingers defending their right to get screwed by insurance companies. Only in America.

#16     Oct 31, 2009
  7. I hope we can all have free government healthcare paid for by higher taxes on the rich and corporations. Corporations may even benefit if the extra taxes that they pay is less than the healthcare premiums that they pay for their employees.

I dislike insurance companies. I used to have health insurance through my wife's plan. She was a teacher. She quit her job in May to stay home with the baby. My daughter and wife were able to obtain insurance for $140 per month for both of them here in Georgia. It has a $7,500 deductible per person per year. I was unable to get private insurance, since I had an abnormal EKG back in April when I had my annual physical. I never had issues with my heart, rarely get sick, never had surgery, and never had emergency care, yet still denied for some minute problem. I'm retaking the EKG test with a different doctor, and if it's ok, will appeal. I'm hoping that we will have government healthcare which will cover pre-existing conditions for everyone. Everyone will benefit, except for the employees of health insurance companies.

#17     Nov 1, 2009
  8. The employees that currently work for the private insurance companies can be moved into the gov't system. Claims will still need processing. However, we would get to eliminate multi-million dollar CEO's, unnecessary Sales Reps, and a large number of middle managers who currently are paid to find ways of DENYING payments. Oh yeah, the billion dollar Advertising campaigns and Lobbying bills will also be eliminated (or shifted to providing HEALTH CARE).

However, it will NOT be FREE. Nothing is FREE. Taxes will need to be increased to pay for the program. But so what: I pay $6,000 a year now for Blue Cross and it will increase every year as I age. I don't mind paying for in the form of taxes if I know that it will be there when I need it. I definitely don't have that level of comfort now.

#18     Nov 1, 2009
  9. TGregg

TGregg

Soon your life will depend on healthcare delivered with the same efficiency as the Department of Motor Vehicles. Don't worry, the same group who watches the banks will also watch doctors to make sure they don't cut corners. And the same openness with which the administration welcomes FOX News will greet any whistle blowers who inform of problems with the new socialized medicine.

It's Brave New World.

#19     Nov 1, 2009
  10. There are over 500 million registered vehicles in the US. There are close to 100 milllion drivers to register EVERY YEAR. I think the gov't does just fine in this task.

The people that are watching doctors now will be watching the doctors under socialized medicine. Actually, the profession is pretty much self-policing at this time so the 'watchdog' component will probably get better. For example, in AL they recently arrested a doctor for molesting 15 and 16 year old girl patients. This same doctor had been run out of TN for the very same charges. The AMA is very delinquent in allowing doctors to resign and keep their errors 'confidential'. I think this could change in the future.

#20     Nov 1, 2009