The Government Is Doing Everything Wrong to End the Recession

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Sammysouth, Oct 5, 2010.

1. piezoe

piezoe

Just a brief comment on your post, and that is to say that there was massive shareholder loss, as shareholder equity was wiped out in the case of the many banks where the FDIC stepped in, and that's still going on. An awful lot of banks have been taken over.

My impression is that while much has been spent on stop gap measures such as extending unemployment compensation, etc., the administration is doing what it can to channel money into programs that will lead to organic growth and eventually provide a return on the investment. These areas include such things as infrastructure improvements, mass transit systems, high speed rail, school facilities, and education, and many other areas as well. This is not simply a matter of pouring money down a rat hole. Also, the corporations that were saved from bankruptcy are expected to pay the government back. It is not a matter of giving money away with no strings attached.

#11     Oct 5, 2010
  2. Very, very naive post. Do you not comprehend that the vast majority of the money funneled into the areas you mention are simply union concessions to basically fund legacy costs. Secondly, these are essentially government bureaucracies that manage and oversee the funding (i.e. public sector works). It's just futher wasteful spending with very limited return. And don't expect any transparency or accountability either.

Come on, it's 2010 and we should all be on board by now with regards to cronyism, statism and corruption. Sometimes, I read these posts and wonder what time warp most people are living in.

#12     Oct 5, 2010
  3. It's funny.
    If you were a Keynesian 10 years ago, no one would piss on you if you were on fire.
    Is anyone else on this forum old enough to remember?
    & Now we are supposed to suspend our disbelief and eat the shit that they feed us.
    Nothing shows us more clearly what an unprincipled bunch of chancers our politicians are, never mind the fuckwits on cnbc.

Can we turn this recession into a depression?
    Obama: YES WE CAN

#13     Oct 5, 2010
  4. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

My group has been making 5.34% a month on average for the past 12 years with no losing months on some substantial capital (not huge capital, but not a small account either). The reason why we were able to do this - WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN BULLSHIT! . And what I see is going on right now is 100% bullshit! There will be no buying out of this major disconnect between the paper printing and sinking the economy. Therefore, we are buying PUTS on everything that is overvalued. And there is no shortage of that now! It is that simple!

#14     Oct 6, 2010
  5. My group has been making 5.34% a month on average for the past 12 years
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And very little draw down! Bravo:cool:

At least your group understands being consistent and profitable is better than a few big home runs, and more big draw downs.

I'm looking at key areas, sectors to put my"PUT" down on!:cool:

Plenty of Low hanging fruit right now.

#15     Oct 6, 2010
  6. hopeful

hopeful

I wish to join such a group. No bullcrap. PM pls.

#16     Oct 6, 2010
  7. MAESTRO

MAESTRO

Unlike many traders here I think that Gold is well positioned to crash. I also think that EUR is ripe for puts :cool:

#17     Oct 6, 2010
  8. My forex manager has paid for past 10 years average profit of +3% per month. He manages about $100 million. But minimum investment is $100,000 so I cannot invest with him right now. Good to see other people are also earning good profits from long-term.

#18     Oct 6, 2010
  9. LEAPup

LEAPup

Ooh rah! I love it!

Great post!

I'm buying LEAPS puts.

#19     Oct 6, 2010
  10. dtan1e

dtan1e

if u keep track of the amount of your social programs which i do, u will realize they are minimal compared to the amount that goes to the banks, also by printing a huge unimaginable amount it sort of mean say u have only 100 dollars in liquid networth to your name and could buy 100 dollars of groceries tomorrow when u wake up your 100 dollars could only get u say 90% of what u could get yesterday and next day gets u only 80% of day 1's amount of groceries and its a recurring event, trying telling that to those who got laid off, unemployed, living from paycheck to paycheck, whose social benefits has run out, couldn't get meaningful employment, whose hse is getting repossessed despite trying to live with good credit for years and this people are not in the 100s they are in the millions, imagine those with kids, makes it even more heart wrenching, its no longer fancy economics talking here, its basic morality, econs is not rocket science, contrary if u look at econs math they are basically 12 yr old math, the rest are smoke and mirrors, by printing it means the fed takes away your buying power and spends at their discretion the buying power that was yours originally this is equivalent to a tax, lets see how u feel if say the tax man comes knocking on your door at 8.30 am every morning to collect a $10 stimulus tax, now u feel it, this is not fake money we talking its real, just like when u use a credit card its real money u spending not fakey plastic money

#20     Oct 6, 2010