The Gorilla

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by DonDinero, Nov 2, 2006.

1. My years of research told me these ideas:

Index futures is for (daily) income.

Equities is for investing (longer term)

Methinks market makers and insiders (of equities) play too many games intraday. Find a solid performer in a business that means something to YOU, and hold on for a while.

#11     Dec 1, 2006
  2. rafer

rafer

To check out the Gorilla recommendations, I took all trades for 2006 exactly as they are published on the Gorilla web site. I copied them to a spread sheet and made a $5,000 investment in each recommended trade so as to give each recommendation equal weight. It took some work because I had to make sure that each trade exit was for 75%, 25%, or 100% of the trade, something the Gorilla spread sheet makes very confusing! I was surprised to see that if I had followed the Gorilla recommendations for all of 2006, I would have lost $5,562.50. Granted, I took each trade regardless of whether it confirmed or not, because there is no way of knowing the slippage involved in waiting for a confirmation.

In 2006 there were 209 successful trades out of 425 total trades, for a success rate of 49%. And commissions - the 425 trades each had a buy and a sell, for 850 transactions. At $5 for each transaction, that would increase the loss by another $4,250, for a total loss of $9812.50. At times last year, there were more than 60 positions on at once, which would have taken a trading account of over $250,000 to have invested $5,000 in each trade.

Hope this answers your question!

#12     Jan 10, 2007