The GOP is just plain dumb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Hilary and Obama would be the dream ticket for dems, no doubt. But I have to agree that, IMO, she would not go for it. It would be just too weird. If we see Biden, heaven forbid for anyone, come up ill, and the dems were able to spin something like 'for the good of the country' then maybe, but a real longshot. Don't know if Obama actually hates Hilary, but I do agree it might be an ego buster. Not as bad as losing the election maybe. And, to have Bill back in the game, not a bad way to 'bet.'

c

#41     Jan 10, 2012
  2. Agree, see previous post. Sorry, was typing when you were I guess.

c

#42     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Yeah but if Romney wins the residency and he ends up being a lame duck it could just as easily hurt Christies shot at election in 2020, and if Romney goes 8 years then the chance of him going another 8 years right after is also very slim, unless Romney is able to pull off what Reagan did in the 80's. I just dont understand why he wouldnt have taken the obvious shot to win which would have been 2012.

He has an amazing track record of fixing a horrendous deficit with no tax increases, and also the ability to reach across the aisle in a democratic state, and with the deficit being one of the primary issues right now, i dont understand why he wouldnt have just taken the shot now.

I still agree with you based on what im seeing that Christie is probably going to run as VP, i just dont understand the logic behind it.

#43     Jan 10, 2012
  4. Max E.

Max E.

I have to agree with the mav and cgroupman, it aint going to happen, though it would definitely make the dems huge favourites in my opinion.

I think i saw either Axelrod or Schultz on meet the press the other day, and whoever it was vehemently denied that it was going to happen, and it wasnt one of those "political denials" where they just say you dont know what is going to happen, it was a flat out rejection of the idea, followed up by one of them saying that they were 100% positive Biden and Obama were running together.

#44     Jan 10, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

On a completely unrelated note. I love watching Dana Loesch on election night coverage. :)

#45     Jan 10, 2012
  6. It might be an ego buster to have Hilary as VP,but it would be an even bigger ego buster to be going back to Chicago in 2013.If Romney /Christie is polling 10 points ahead of Obama/Biden consistently Obama won't hesitate to make the switch imo

Hilary would jump at the chance to be VP as it sets here up for a run in 2016 without any work

When politics isn't in play I dont think they hate each other at all.This kind of body language is hard to fake imo.In non political moments she seems happier around Obama then shes does around bill imo and when the Obama Hilary primary fight ended she has always done what Obama wanted her to do

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#46     Jan 10, 2012
  7. I dont think they plan on it right now but as I stated previously Obama isn't consistently trailing Romney by a large margin right now.Romney /Christie is an incredibly strong ticket and if comes down to going home in 2013 or having to put up with Hilary as VP for 4 years I think they will put up with Hilary

#47     Jan 10, 2012
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Almost every political insider in Washington says the two hate each other. Their campaign was very very vicious. It's very easy to fake smiles and hugs in Washington. I'll prove it to you when Romney wins and you hear people like Gingrich and Santorum and Hunstman all talking about what a great guy Romney is after he gets the nomination. I can assure you, not a one of them likes Romney. It's all fake. All of it!

#48     Jan 10, 2012
  9. Max E.

Max E.

I agree, did you see the interview with Bill Clinton on OReilly? He asked him something about media fairness, and then pressed him about how Hillary got screwed by the medias love of Obama, and Clinton agreed, and you can tell that Bill is still pissed off that they all sold him out for Obama. Pretty easy to tell there is no love lost between the 2.

#49     Jan 10, 2012
  10. Maverick74

Maverick74

Bill haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates Obama with a passion. I honestly think it's why he has done so much work since leaving office just to try to steal the spotlight from Obama. And it worked! LOL.

#50     Jan 10, 2012