The GOP is just plain dumb

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Any idea who will be the one to beat him? Just a prognostication, give it a shot. At least you're willing to bet or predict the final outcome, much better than the rest of the guys here.

c

#31     Jan 10, 2012
  2. Max E.

Max E.

As a trader i only place a bet when i think I have an edge, i think that the Obama Romney race is basically 50/50 at this point so why would i make a bet.

I bet against Sarah Palin running when she was at 75% on Intrade, because i knew that she wouldnt, right now i have no clue who is going to win so im not betting.

#32     Jan 10, 2012
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

It will be Romney.

Looks like the ticket will be Romney/Christie.

#33     Jan 10, 2012
  4. I like that bet too. They could unseat Obama together, not so sure separately. Would bring it down to a 51% margin, either way at this point.

c

#34     Jan 10, 2012
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Both guys appeal to centrists and moderate democrats. One would think this pair would alienate the social conservative vote however social conservatives seem to LOVE Christie even though he is anything but.

#35     Jan 10, 2012
  6. Max E.

Max E.

Im starting to think Christie may run as the VP as well, if you would have asked me a couple months ago i would have said you were Crazy to think that Christie would run.

I dont understand why Christie would go this route after turning down what would have been a lock for the republican nomination, only to run as a VP, especially given the fact that a Romney win could very well eiminate his chance at the presidency, as there is a very real chance that Romney will not be able to fix the economy if he wins, and it will be seen as a strike on Christie.

With that said Seeing Christie on the Campaign trail for Romney is starting to convince me that he is running as VP, he is doing an amazing job handling the idiots that Romney cant seem to deal with on the campaign trail.

One side of me says i dont want him to run as VP as it may burn his shot at the presidency one day, and i think he would make an amazing president, but on the other hand, its going to make for a hell of a year with Christie in the headlines all year ripping apart liberals.

#36     Jan 10, 2012
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Here is my logic. When Christie dropped out I think he did the math and realized that this was his window. In 2016 or 2020 you have Paul Ryan, Marco Rubio, Jeb Bush, etc.

However, as VP, Christie would get bumped ahead of all of those guys in 2020 when he would run coming from the VP position. It's actually a smart strategy.

#37     Jan 10, 2012
  8. Romney/ Christie would be a strong ticket imo.If that happens Obama has to choice but to drop Biden and Make Hilary his VP mate.Romney/ Christie is strong but not as strong as Obama/Hilary imo

#38     Jan 10, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Obama hates Hilary. Plus Hilary would make Obama look like a little lost boy next to her. No way his ego would allow that. No chance that will happen.

#39     Jan 10, 2012
  10. Disagree.Obama is a smart politician and has used Hilary to his advantage and will continue to do

Obama knew he didn't need Hilliary to win 2008 but kept her close by giving her a very high position in his administrations first term while keeping her his ace in the hole in case he needs her to win 2012

#40     Jan 10, 2012