The GOP has turned its back on Reagan and Lincoln

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 30, 2013.

1. I was about to post that story after seeing your first sentence then I realized you had posted it LOL !!!

Even though I thought it was more about the 13th amendment then Lincoln I loved it and it made me love Lincoln even more .Daniel Day Lewis and the guy who played Grant was fucking amazing.When I saw it many people in the theater were crying and the entire theater stood up and applauded at the end.Theater was fucking packed when I saw it,I couldn't believe so many people were interested in seeing a Lincoln movie

#21     Jan 30, 2013
  2. Ricter

Ricter

The GOP has had to back off Reagan, as he was a massive spender, on borrowed (foreign, sadly) money.

#22     Jan 30, 2013
  3. Rest assured, I'll never subject myself to such odious propaganda.

#23     Jan 30, 2013

4. :D

#24     Jan 30, 2013
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Now I'm definitely not going to see it. I could attend a funeral for free if I want to watch people crying.

#25     Jan 31, 2013
  6. You really should go see the movie. It did a pretty good job of showing the struggles these men were having in trying to resolve the issues of the day. Good men made bad decisions, and bad men made some good decisions. I do believe that most all men on both sides really wanted what they thought best for the country, unlike the scumbags we have in D.C. today, who are only concerned with the next election cycle and maintaing their spot at the trough.

#26     Jan 31, 2013
  7. naively you think things have changed in DC and bought into the highfalutin BS narrative. In reality it was all about greed, graft and political power through crony capitalism on top of a highly asymmetric tax burden fueled by exploiting the simplistic sentiments of the common man.

It's not by accident that the genocide and extermination of the American Indian happened during and after the War of Northern Aggression.

So save the POP history lesson for those who are stupid or just want to be entertained , THANKS.

#27     Jan 31, 2013
  8. It wasn't all propaganda and it didn't make Lincoln out to be honest Abe.It showed how Lincoln was trying to bribe members of congress to get the 13th amendment passed and it also showed how he was lying to the people and prolonging the war until the amendment passed

#28     Jan 31, 2013
  9. Funny how republicans try to make Reagan out to be a conservative god but if a gop candidate ran for President promising Reagans actual polices they wouldn't win the nomination

#29     Jan 31, 2013
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

And this is your idea of the greatest president ever?

#30     Jan 31, 2013