The GOP has no Soul

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Apparently the Cap'n is using the jem algo now, too.

#31     Jan 3, 2013
  2. What I'm telling you is there are more and more people in congress that don't give a flyin' fuck what the public, the media, or anyone else thinks. These guys are cornered in a no win, damned if you do, damned if you don't position, and then have Obama rubbing their noses in it. It would not surprise me one bit if if they say to hell with it, let it crash and burn.
    You can say they have no one but themselves to blame. I wouldn't argue. You can say they got out played. I wouldn't argue. None of that is the point. If they're going to be seen as the bad guys no matter what they do, then why not just dig in deep and let the chips fall where they may?

#32     Jan 3, 2013
  3. Unfortunately this will play out just like the last time - the market will decide.

Fear of a market crash will force the GOP's hand. The weak economy is working against them. If it were a strong economy, they would have more leverage.

Just like the cliff "deal", they will be backed into a corner. And they can't argue against the market's verdict - not and claim to support a free market.

Soooo.... get ready for round 2......

#33     Jan 3, 2013
  4. That would be true if The GOP could let it crash and burn but they cant.If they try Obama invokes the 14th,it gos to The Supreme Court,Obama can easily delay a decision for 2 years.In 2014 Dems run against the GOP on the platform that The GOP wants to let the US default and destroy the US and Global economy.The Dems take back The House,raise the debt ceiling ,the Supreme Court later rules that the President can raise the debt ceiling or that the debt ceiling itself is unconstitutional.I dont know if thats Obamas plan but I do know he has a plan and that he will win

#34     Jan 3, 2013

5. LOL !!!

#35     Jan 3, 2013
  6. jem

jem

that is a complete misread of the constitution.

even the CRS and Obama have said the 14th amendment argument is not an option.

#36     Jan 3, 2013
  7. Multiple members of Congress and a former US President says it is.Obama can change his mind and let the court decide.In the mean time the debt limit is raised and The GOP is on record as willing to let the US default and granny cant get her SS .By the time the SC decides Dems will have taken back the House.

#37     Jan 3, 2013
  8. I read some of huntsman't drivel the other day and it's decidedly NOT THE REPUBLICANS OR TEA PARTY MEMBERS WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN MATH .

The democrats aka COMMUNISTS that are anti-math and totalitarian nanny staters.

#38     Jan 3, 2013
  9. Now that's the biggest fucking joke of the year.

#39     Jan 3, 2013
  10. BSAM

BSAM

The GOP has no Soul

Boner reelected as speaker of the house.
    Need I say more?

#40     Jan 3, 2013