The Golden Age for ES Traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DonKee, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I think I see where your coming from on the "good" and "bad" volatility.
    But I've been trading off and on since the late 80's and I'm enjoying the current conditions.

#21     Mar 30, 2008
  2. Yeah, I thought the same thing when I read the original post about Yen and 10 Yr. Not sure which market they were thinking about but the Yen and 10 Yr Note move!

#22     Mar 30, 2008

3. You keep thinking that.:cool:

#23     Mar 31, 2008
  4. Cheese

Cheese

Yes, you correctly note that this is the clue. You have to bear in mind that many posting at ET now, won't be, sooner or later. They do not see where the real money can be made; so they may not even get around to trading but if they do or have done so, they will mostly, at best, scrape up some sort of 'living' for a while or at worst, make nothing at all if not actually only ever losing.

The gyrations in price (CL, YM, ES, etc) offer a huge supply of points daily in many markets. Those gyrations are the result of market volatilty. This is a cornucopia for making yourself rich. Of course you have to construct an accurate and timely methodology to exploit the gyrations (buying the upmoves and selling the downmoves sequentially). The rewards are big for the few smart and savvy players who make it.

The important thing to know is that it can be done.
    :)

#24     Mar 31, 2008
  5. Now barley - that's a rangy market..

#25     Mar 31, 2008