The God debate to end ALL God debates

Discussion in 'Politics' started by CrackPipe, Jul 29, 2011.

1. pspr

pspr

CrackPipe, maybe you and Free Thinker should change nics so we don't get confused.

#11     Jul 29, 2011
  2. It takes a lot of pent up resentment to go to that kind of trouble to make a poster like that:D

#12     Jul 29, 2011
  3. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

Sorry, I dont understand your point.

What has 'when the Bible was written' got to do with whether they could readily boil water in vessels in the stone age?

As you raised the point however, the Bible is in fact a collection of books. Each book was written at a different time. Those in the New Testament for example, were written after those in the Old Testament (the clue is in the names NEW, and OLD).

We know this if we look at the time spans of each book, and correlate it to what we KNOW was happening in the world at that time (eg, no one would dispute the fact that the ancient Egyptians held hebrew slaves who build the pyramids, who went on to do a runner - which of course is detailed in Exodus).

Any serious Historian and anthropologist will refer back to the Bible as a historic reference of fact. They will look at the writting styles of the text to understand civilisation of that particular time.

#13     Jul 30, 2011
  4. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

So, can none of you come up with an argument that counters my original hypothesis?

Can nobody find any research that SCIENTIFICALLY DISPROVES THE EXISTENCE OF GOD? Not even an intelligent counter-argument?

All we have seen from the non-believers is name calling and personal insults. How very sinful of them. Unsurprising really considering they do not have God in their lives.

#14     Jul 30, 2011
  5. stu

stu

[​IMG]

#15     Jul 30, 2011
  6. CrackPipe

CrackPipe Guest

Geez. Not one of you can prove that God does not exist.

Why all the hot heads then guys?

#16     Aug 5, 2011
  7. Can you imagine the ignorance level of someone who asks you to provide a formal proof for a negative?

#17     Aug 5, 2011
  8. pspr

pspr

If the liberals (liberals are anti-God, aren't they?) want to see proof of God, all they have to do is slit their rists, jump off a 10+ story building, drink some Drano, etc., etc. In fact, I encourage liberals to take my little challenge and prove to themselves that God exists. :D

#18     Aug 5, 2011
  9. I would really appreciate a link to a scientific peer reviewed article that concludes that God exists.

#19     Aug 5, 2011