The Go Long at 10 am Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

Only for 3 weeks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it had worked all year, the market being so bullish.

#31     Dec 3, 2017
    murray t turtle likes this.
  2. timdug

timdug

if it was a US index, I wouldn't doubt it.

#32     Dec 4, 2017
  3. %%
    Seems to work better @9 central time , cause that where I like[ 9 central=10 eastern= LOL or SEPT:D

#33     Dec 5, 2017
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

To see a new strategy, skip down lower in the post.

This week wasn't very good for the strategy because of the heavy sell offs during Mo-Tu. Still on Tuesday the price went up 10 points from the 10 am long entry before falling back and selling off. I would count that as a breakeven day.

Mo: -23 pts
    Tu: breakeven
    We: breakeven
    Th: 5 pts
    Fr: 5 pts

I was thinking the break down of the strategy might signals the end of the good times, but by the end of the week, it was back on track. Anyhow, I wanted to discuss a new observation:

-------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the short around 1 pm (specially after a morning rally) strategy!

In the last 2 weeks there has been a very shortable and easy to recognize play around 1 pm, specially if the market started out with a rally. On Thursday the HOD was exactly at 1 pm and on Friday we had a double top 20 minutes before and after 1 pm. After a quick morning run up a pullback is usually expected, what is strange that it tends to occur right around 1 pm.

Going back 2 weeks, it was even better. A week before last Tuesday, right at 1pm SPX dropped 10 points before continuing the rally. 2 days later the HOD at 1 pm, then dropping 15 points. The point is, if you are long from the morning, you might want to take profits around 1 pm and get back to the game later on...

#34     Dec 9, 2017
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

I can't believe this has been almost 2 months since I posted this. The strategy has been kicking ass in the new year and yesterday was a good example why wait until 10 am...
    (the sell off bottomed just around 10)

Out of the 8 days, there were 2 break evenish days and 6 wildly profitable ones.

#35     Jan 11, 2018
  6. Aj2014

Aj2014

You can kinda go long at any time on the ES and make consistent money lol
    God job all the same!

#36     Jan 11, 2018
    theapprentice and d08 like this.
  7. tomorton

tomorton

I daren't comment. I don't know if you're serious now or just dangling a hook in the water........

But it has been a good year already........

#37     Jan 11, 2018
  8. %%
    Well let see; go long in an upTrending bull market?? Could work , but not a prediction. One of my favorite tech stocks ran up about 150 %, 52 weeks + polar bears + long sellers slapped it down 50%, orderly downTrend , thank God .LOL ;not exact numbers but close:cool::cool: Stock still looks wounded

#38     Jan 11, 2018