The Go Long at 10 am Strategy

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Good for you that you found a Holy Grail -- now just report back here next month or year...with a photo of yourself holding stacks of cash, or showing your broker statement.

High-five, Pekelo...Make Trading Great Again :)

#11     Nov 17, 2017
    JesseJamesFinn1 and artes33 like this.
  2. tomorton

tomorton

Trading doesn't mean day-trading. Holding over-night doesn't mean investing. I don't believe you don't know this.

#12     Nov 17, 2017
  3. Pekelo

Pekelo

Guys, I started this thread tongue-in-cheek....

#13     Nov 17, 2017
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  4. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

And yes, we stepped in it.

("Those dratted kids!")

#14     Nov 18, 2017
  5. tomorton

tomorton

As long as it doesn't become a trend............

#15     Nov 18, 2017
  6. actually I know a trader who has been doing something similar with SPX, he buys on morning dips and sells when at profit, been doing it for several years, with profit, wonder how long it will last.

#16     Nov 18, 2017
  7. timdug

timdug

This is not really a sustainable strategy. Equities are bathing in money that costs to carry elsewhere in bonds during negative interest rate periods. That money is not shifting to European equities and will continue to do so for the next 4 months. Im seeing a lot of long covering in this last series of market lows in US equities.
    Just trade what you see on the screen. What if NASDAQ at 10am monday is gapping down with an overbought stochastic and has a gap to close on the downside? Are you going to buy that? Take 50 points heat? I think not. I would rather sell it and buy the bounce. I think saying something like buy US equities at 10am everyday is betting on a coin flip.

#17     Nov 18, 2017

8. Was a brilliant observation you made, I started buying the Dips like you and its working well, thank you for re-affirming my short-term suspicions.

#18     Nov 20, 2017
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

I think this is going to stay a viable strategy until the market finally rolls over, what could be still months away. Today if one bought just before 10 am at the dip, we are up 4 points.

#19     Nov 20, 2017
    JesseJamesFinn1 likes this.
  10. Pekelo

Pekelo

Just like this bull market's rally melt up isn't sustainable. In the maintime, Monday's slight loss of 2 points was reimbursed by Tuesday's 20 points gain.

#20     Nov 29, 2017