The Global Warming Hoax is falling apart

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Yes, a 130 year period compared to the 4.5 billion years the planet has existed. That certainly is some sample size.

#31     Jun 16, 2009
  2. Actually that information came from the NASA study. The very NASA study that Drjkyllus cited as authoritative.

#32     Jun 16, 2009
  3. #33     Jun 16, 2009
  4. Not only don't I believe in man created global warming-I dispute there's even a clear warming trend to begin with.

Reliance on reports from barren outposts in the sub-Arctic remind me of Judas singing in JC Superstar: If you'd come today you could have reached a whole nation.
    Israel in 4 BC had no mass communication.

Why if warming is caused by mans activity don't we just compare temperatures and precipitation rates from years past in places where man actually pollutes rather than unobservable from the masses anecdotes about diminished "ice caps and polar bears". I mean if the whole friggin universe is getting hot because of cars in L.A. or factories in Changchun then wouldn't it stand to reason that the climate of those cities would change?

I know a fair amount about domestic temperature collection and the process has flaws. For example, over the years within cities the location of where the "official" temperature resides have changed. Some parts of the country have dramatic temperature differentials within just miles of each other. The West Coast in particular. Even Chicago's-and other Great Lake cities-"lake effect" causes data differentials. Chicago's site has gone from the Lakefront to Midway to O'Hare in the past 70 years. Ever compared a warm, sunny mid May day out by the airport to a chilly damp Michigan Avenue?

Here's a pertinent article detailing the switch in L.A. from the Civic Center to USC.

"WILL THE REAL LOS ANGELES STAND UP: IMPACTS OF A WEATHER STATION’S RELOCATION ON CLIMATIC RECORDS (AND RECORD WEATHER)"

http://ams.confex.com/ams/pdfpapers/119064.pdf

Knowing that Kansas City has virtually zero divergence from one part of town to the next, knowing it's in the center of the country-almost literally-and knowing in a weird way K.C. has a "typical" American climate, it becomes a nice case study.

Here's a century and a score of Kansas City. You'll see from the mid-90's to 2006 a rise from 51.2 to 58.5 degrees. Pretty dramatic. But look back and see how many similar moves were made. Perhaps a dozen. Buy 51's and sell 58's and you'd be rich. Now I know something none of you will learn from that last link. You'll notice the page was published prior to the inclusion of 2008. What do you think last years mean was? I'll post it later.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/eax/localclimate/seasrank/springtrank.php

#34     Jun 16, 2009
  5. Actually temperature measurements can go back 500 years and this has been the hottest -- "they all show some similar patterns of temperature change over the last several centuries. Most striking is the fact that each record reveals that the 20th century is the warmest of the entire record, and that warming was most dramatic after 1920."

That's from the noaa.

#35     Jun 16, 2009
  6. Actually it came from the flawed NASA study, used by warming alarmist James Hansen to launch several hundred news articles parroting his errors.

#36     Jun 16, 2009
  7. Apparently what you don't understand is the difference between weather and climate.

#37     Jun 16, 2009
  8. Umm... so the NASA study that drjekyllus just cited as authoritative, which according to a blog shows that the sun is the primary variable behind global climate change -- is wrong?

#38     Jun 16, 2009
  9. Do the monkeys refer to look on the global warming alarmists faces when the glaciers melt and they find old human settlements?

Or when they learn the fact that the glaciers have been melting for over 12,000 years? The glaciers extend all the way down to NY state at the time. Those cavemen, 10,000 years ago must have been using too many fossil fuels. If only they drove more fuel efficient cars then we too, could have enjoyed freezing our asses off.

#39     Jun 16, 2009
  10. Signatories of that "bulk email" petition are dentists, medical doctors, someone named "Mickey Mouse", Al Caruba, a pesticide-industry PR man and conservative ideologue who runs his own website called the "National Anxiety Center." Caruba has no scientific credentials whatsoever, John Grisham, Michael J. Fox, Drs. Frank Burns, B. J. Honeycutt, and Benjamin Pierce (from the TV show M*A*S*H), an individual by the name of "Dr. Red Wine," Geraldine Halliwel, etc. etc.

#40     Jun 16, 2009