the german dude Marc Faber says SandP back to 741 and then to 1000

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by midniteeuropa, Apr 27, 2009.

1. I'm calling it now, the turn around to the down side starts soon.

I think we are in the tail end of this rally and when marc faber speaks...he's usually right.

I am very grateful of the recent uptrend but this uptrend can't go forever, we've been ignoring the negative and focusing on the minuscule positives for far too long...IMO the trend is going to turn soon, very soon.

and besides, right about now the funds are going to UNLOAD one after another just like clockwork, the ignorant and greedy will not know what hit them.

my strategy from here on is to load up on FXI and/or DXO on the dips and won't start swinging again till about july-august.

good luck to all.

2. Yea I just listened to his interview on Bloomberg...

So what he is saying is that the solution to every problem is "Print money"...Thus sending the markets higher overall, even tho the economy is still getting worse and suffering.

This is an interesting take... I'm not sure what to think about it.

3. Well, "print money" is inflationary... and will eventually send the market higher in nominal terms. What will it be in REAL terms, however, when the impact of weakening currency is factored in?

4. He's not saying his solution is to print money but rather Bernanke's.

5. Historically, the Fed always(?) revs up the printing press to stimulate the economy... easing rates and loosening credit in one way or another.