The general's comments on gays

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tradermaji, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Your point of view is provincial and imperialistic...

#51     Mar 15, 2007
  2. Quite the overreaction on your part.

I don't often agree with you, I usually disagree with you, but do I tell you to shut the fuck up?

Your reaction...quite telling...

Oh, and I don't speak for the liberals, I am able to form my own point of view without being told what it should be by Rush of others of his ilk, from either side of the party...

#52     Mar 15, 2007
  3. "... the way you can explain homo"ness."

LMAO...

#53     Mar 15, 2007
  4. If one human being can dictate morality to another adult human being, the person who is being dictated to has no inner moral compass of their own...

Maybe that was you for 6 years in the military, maybe that way today...

#54     Mar 15, 2007
  5. March 15, 2007, 4:09 pm
    Obama Echoes Clinton on Morality and Gays

By The New York Times
    Barack Obama

The campaigns of Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton are in sync not only on the geopolitical importance of Selma, Ala., but also on the issue of whether homosexuality is moral or not. This afternoon, the Obama campaign released the following statement:

“As the New York Times reported today, I do not agree with General Pace that homosexuality is immoral. Attempts to divide people like this have consumed too much of our politics over the past six years.”

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/03/15/obama-echoes-clinton-on-morality-and-gays/

#55     Mar 15, 2007
  6. This whole thread is gay perpetuated by non-sensical boarderline gays .....especially non-serving boaderline- gays. You people are stupid.

Gays in military pose no threat to anyone except to the homophobic red-necks and closets tool smokers themselves. Women on the other hand are a HUGE PROBLEM.

The gay guy and a straight guy in a fighting hole and there is no problem...no attraction ...serious mission focus. A women and a straight guy in a fighting hole and there's huge problem and the mission breaks down...no mission focus.

Gays in Military is the biggest right wing jack job ever. Give the boys their amour and ammo and get the Hell outta the way....

#56     Mar 15, 2007
  7. I think you have a point. A very inconvenient point, but one I am sure any commander would agree with.

#57     Mar 15, 2007
  8. You're not trying to shut me up, but you don't want to hear the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs when he says something un-PC.

#58     Mar 15, 2007
  9. Anyway, you're in good company. I just heard Romney on Larry King saying the same thing. He wants Pace to keep it to himself too. I'm afraid Romney is going to let this homo issue defeat him. He already has problems with the evangelicals over his religion. Now he is trying to get on all sides of the gay issue.

The whole rationale for the don't ask don't tell policy is that homosexual conduct is immoral. It we say it is not immoral or abnormal, then the only reason for the policy is that other soldiers don't like homos, which begins to sound like condoning discrimination. After all, that was the reason for segregation in the ranks.

Romney's explanation is that don't ask don't tell "has worked well". He just doesn't want to have to explain it or support it on the merits. I'm afraid that may work on Larry King but it won't cut it before the major evangelical groups.

#59     Mar 16, 2007
  10. I partly disagree with Doc. I think he makes a great point about women. Hell there's a several murders a year in the military because of love triangles.

Doc, when you were in the Marines were there out of the closet homosexuals in the Corp?

Did they tend to fraternize with only themselves?

Is not lesbianism a bigger issue than male gays?

#60     Mar 16, 2007