The Futures Trading Floor

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Utah, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Utah

Utah

Around 2003-2004, when I first was introduced to day trading, I used NinjaTrader. I'm pretty sure it was version 2 or 3 back then. Not sure. But I haven't used any of the version from then until this Version 8.

I quite like NT8, so if NT7 was better, then that would be an amazing piece of software.

#181     Jul 19, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

NT7 for the win. NT8 can bite my chode.

#182     Jul 19, 2019
  3. Utah

Utah

Hahaha

#183     Jul 19, 2019
  4. Utah

Utah

Well, my NT8 does crash at least once per day and often freezes on boot up. I have to use the task manager to kill it and restart. My machines are top notch and are dedicated trading machines, so I don’t think it’s a hardware related issue. I hope they resolve the bug that’s causing the issues. Anyone else experiencing the same?

#184     Jul 19, 2019
  5. Utah

Utah

Short NQ 7928.75. Just bounced off of a Fib retracement that I have set.

Short NQ.PNG

EDIT: Target 7908.

EDIT 2: Profit stopped out trailing stop 7923.50.

Note: Average position ended up being 7927 because I added to my position.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
    #185     Jul 22, 2019
  6. RRY16

RRY16

Hi guys,

I've been buying and mostly holding stocks over the past 20+ years. I'm a lawyer by trade, and just recently have been fortunate to have the ability to devote some time to day trading as well. Over the past couple of months, I've been trading small contract positions on the ES, NQ, MES, and MNQ for the last few months. I haven't seen much profit yet, but am learning and understanding the processes and the markets more and more each day. One thing I'm lacking, however, is a mentor; someone I can go to for help. I certainly couldn't have succeeded in my legal career without multiple mentors.

So, with that, I am at looking for some mentoring/coaching with my trading. And while searching for help, I found Ray Freeman's basic day trading program, signed up, and learned quite a bit. I'm now looking at taking his Master's Coaching Course. Could anyone here provide me with a review of the Master's course? From 0 to 10 stars, how would you rate it? If no experience with Ray's course, does anyone have any other recommendations for me?

I have zero affiliation with Mr. Freeman or his course, and have not, and will not, receive any form of compensation for this post. This is completely personal.

Thanks,

Michael
    Day-Trader-Utah

#186     Jul 22, 2019
  7. Utah

Utah

Hi RRY16, not sure why you posted my previous post, but thanks?

#187     Jul 22, 2019
  8. RRY16

RRY16

Hi guys,

I've been buying and mostly holding stocks over the past 20+ years. I'm a lawyer by trade, and just recently have been fortunate to have the ability to devote some time to day trading as well. Over the past couple of months, I've been trading small contract positions on the ES, NQ, MES, and MNQ for the last few months. I haven't seen much profit yet, but am learning and understanding the processes and the markets more and more each day. One thing I'm lacking, however, is a mentor; someone I can go to for help. I certainly couldn't have succeeded in my legal career without multiple mentors.

So, with that, I am at looking for some mentoring/coaching with my trading. And while searching for help, I found Ray Freeman's basic day trading program, signed up, and learned quite a bit. I'm now looking at taking his Master's Coaching Course. Could anyone here provide me with a review of the Master's course? From 0 to 10 stars, how would you rate it? If no experience with Ray's course, does anyone have any other recommendations for me?

I have zero affiliation with Mr. Freeman or his course, and have not, and will not, receive any form of compensation for this post. This is completely personal.

Thanks,

Michael
    Day-Trader-Utah

#188     Jul 22, 2019
  9. RRY16

RRY16

Your story doesn’t add up, get your B.S. in order.

#189     Jul 22, 2019
  10. Utah

Utah

In the early 2000s, I attempted day trading. I attended a day trading course at the Online Trading Academy in California. I tried to make it work, but couldn't figure it out. Went on with my career. Only within the last few months have I gotten back into day trading. I've haven't day traded for many many years.

I'm sorry you feel like I'm trying to BS people. I have no desire to do so. I'm just trying to figure this out like a lot of other traders.

I wish you the best, though. No hard feelings from me. I'm happy to answer anything that will help you better understand my experience with day trading.

#190     Jul 22, 2019