The Futures Trading Floor

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Utah, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Utah

Utah

Hi all,

I've created this virtual after-hours trading floor for those who trade the ES & NQ. Hold yourself accountable for your trades by posting them to the thread. It's a great way to make sure you're only trading when you should be.

It'd be awesome for everyone in this thread to support each other. This is basically our after-hours office, so come on in and join us.

Thanks!

Michael

2. Utah

Utah

Things have been basically trending sideways on the ES since 2:00 PM Est. The NQ looked to have a good uptrend through the end of the day.

Chairman Powell speaks tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM Est. How does that impact this overnight session?

3. Overnight

Overnight

Hmm, well, I post my trades in my journal here when I update it, which holds me accountable there.

As for Powell tomorrow? I believe it's just a total Q&A session, now that his testimony and the Fed meeting minutes are known. I cannot recall how his semi-annual testimony affects the markets on the second day, but he could drop a few more hints about Fed direction. Certainly there will be movement on his every darned word.

Utah likes this.
  4. Utah

Utah

Hi Overnight, do you mostly trade the ES & NQ?

5. Overnight

Overnight

Just the NQ for now.

And before you ask, "Why not the others"? Meh, one is enough, since the big three tend to move in tandem 98% of the time. Pick your poison. I like the NQ because it has the most profit potential on any given day, due to it's wider ranging.

Utah likes this.
  6. Utah

Utah

Bull run continues tonight.

7. R123

R123

Overnight should be a slow bull push up the hill. Might be a drop off in late Asian hours, but upward march will resume latter towards NY open. That's my GUESS.

Went short 7961.00, will cover on small pullback and keeping a tight stop, then close down for the night so will be flat into NY open, then wait on Powell.

I trade NQ ( MNQ also ) and ES ( MES also ), but rarely at same time.

Thanks for opening "floor".

Utah likes this.
  8. REDP1800

REDP1800

is this the virtual trading floor or is there a link? buy the russel 2k..

Utah likes this.
  9. Utah

Utah

Good morning (at least my time here in Utah)! What time zone are you in, @REDP1800? It's 5:53 AM where I am, and I'm just booting things up to see what's happening.

10. Utah

Utah

When and at what price do you think it's a great buy?

What interests you about the Russell over the NQ or ES? Feel free to post your RTY/M2K trades here too!

#10     Jul 11, 2019