The Futures Chart Formation Thread

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by SMI, May 21, 2012.

1. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

July Natural Gas: I'm posting this chart but, frankly, I have no idea what to do with it at this point in time. I am not good at playing with rising channels like this. What has gotten my attention is the multi-day (5 day) horizontal formation at the top of the current channel. A breakout from that could lead to a breakout of the channel as well. The breakout could be up or down - we are up in the area where the prior consolidation was before the final down leg (i.e.: resistance). So I'm thinking a break back to the downside has a slight edge over a break to the upside....

[​IMG]

#11     May 25, 2012
  2. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

Cocoa: In big broad triangle. May have hit support in the area of the lower trendline today:

[​IMG]

#12     May 29, 2012
  3. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

Coffee - hourly consolidation:

[​IMG]

And the 15 min today which could eventually be the trigger for a move out of the hourly:

[​IMG]

#13     May 29, 2012
  4. yes. definitely.

and once you understand that, more like 70% - 80% "work" according to tradeable preplanned expectations

#14     May 29, 2012
  5. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

That wheat breakout failed completely. Coffee broke down and stayed down. And Natural gas finally made a good move out of it's rising channel last week.

New Chart: Silver - despite last Friday's rally in gold, silver still stayed in its triangle. Looking forward to when this sucker finally makes its move...

[​IMG]

#15     Jun 4, 2012
  6. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

New Chart: September Cocoa:

[​IMG]

#16     Jun 18, 2012
  7. SMI

SMI ET Sponsor

And another one: Gold

[​IMG]

#17     Jun 18, 2012