The futures are getting killed ! Mnuchin scaring markets

Discussion in 'Trading' started by NY_HOOD, Dec 24, 2018.

1. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

i think the fact that treasury secretary Mnuchin had to resort to calling bank ceo’s is scaring the shit out of the markets. If the economy was so strong, he would not need to do that. Technically he should leave the markets the hell alone and not say anything. This is making the markets think something is lurking.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
    Humble Investor likes this.
  2. maxinger

maxinger

disagree.
    The futures are not getting killed. It is fully alive.
    only some investors and counter trend traders are getting killed.

Mnuchin is not scaring us.
    we love moving market irregardless of which direction it is going.

3. Volatility is a traders friend, but this is just treacherous!

cdcaveman likes this.
  4. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

Just a buying opportunity for his friends.

Cuddles, cdcaveman and bond_trader_v like this.
  5. Volatility can be a trader's plus... unless it's too fast and whippy to cope with.

6. The yield curve is flatter than a pancake.

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

Don't worry, rumor has it he wants to fire the guy

8. srinir

srinir

He gave dreaded vote of confidence today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...89a3e456820_story.html?utm_term=.03e5a769aa7a

"In an Oval Office appearance on Christmas morning, Trump praised Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin despite the stock markets suffering their steepest Christmas Eve decline in decades but was more circumspect about his handpicked Fed chair.

“Well, we’ll see,” Trump said when a journalist asked whether he had confidence in Powell. “They’re raising interest rates too fast, that’s my opinion. But I certainly have confidence. But I think it’ll straighten. They’re raising interest rates too fast because they think the economy is so good. But I think that they will get it pretty soon, I really do.”

As for whether he has confidence in Mnuchin, whose Sunday calls to reassure major bank executives rattled investors and may have exacerbated Monday’s sell-off, Trump told reporters: “Yes, I do. Very talented guy, very smart person.”