The future of the United States includes...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Good post. The kind of thing every American should reflect upon..

Except for the "strong" part, I think we had a shot at that in Ron Paul. (It wasn't be he is "personally strong", but rather he was not promoted as the leader of the Republicans to have enough juice to be perceived as strong.) :(

#41     Jul 8, 2009
  2. Does anyone remember when America was "the home of the free and the brave", and "the land of opportunity"?

What is it now? Fascist government and socialized transfers of wealth... Presidents taking it upon themselves to remake the country to serve their self-aggrandizing goals? Congress doing whatever the Hell they like in spite of opposition by the citizenry?

#42     Jul 8, 2009
  3. And what's pathetic are the self-entitled, self-absorbed, know-it-all losers like you who still live with their parents, haven't gone beyond high school, are unwilling to do what it takes to be successful and come here to whine about how bad they have it. Grow up little boy.

#43     Jul 8, 2009
  4. You should have gone beyond high school because your internet education has totally failed you.

#44     Jul 8, 2009
  5. It's the land of "I really need to buy cheap shit, so I'll go to Wal-Mart, buy stuff that costs 1/2 as much as quality stuff, that's made in China, breaks in 6 months, because saving $1.75 on a crescent wrench gives me a raging boner, and then the spillover effects of millions of Americans doing the same thing basically means that American will lose its manufacturing base and hundreds of thousands of small businesses, which are the major employers, and unemployment will head for 18% and higher, but I'll never stop buying cheap shit, even when I can't afford it, because the government is going to save us all printing money. Eventually, I'll fill out an application to work at Wal-Mart when the company I now work for closes down."

<div style='background-color:#e9e9e9; width: 425px;'><object id='A64060' quality='high' data='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?templateID=202874&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' height='319' width='425'><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><param name='movie' value='http://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?templateID=202874&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab'></param><param name='scaleMode' value='showAll'></param><param name='quality' value='high'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='templateID=202874&service=sendables.jibjab.com&partnerID=JibJab'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param></object><div style='text-align:center; width:435px; margin-top:6px;'>Try JibJab Sendables® <a href='http://sendables.jibjab.com/ecards'>eCards</a> today!</div></div>

#45     Jul 8, 2009
  6. Well your generation raised these pieces of shit, so blame yourself nutball. My brother and I both have hard-earned college degrees and have good lives ahead of us, simply because of adequate and unselfish parenting and our own hard work. The friends I have who are fucking losers like you talk about, are usually the result of the parenting 'skills' of 'successful' parents like yourself.

#46     Jul 8, 2009
  7. I didn't raise anyone like that, "nutball," and why would you have friends who are "fucking losers" if you're not one yourself?

#47     Jul 8, 2009
  8. cause they're pretty fun to party with.

#48     Jul 9, 2009
  9. drcha

drcha

Please stop making generalities. I'm concerned about the younger generation painting all boomers with a broad brush. I decline to accept responsibility for the piggish image attributed to my generation. I did not vote for Bush, Reagan, or any of the others who spent all this money, pissing it away on foreign wars, welfare recipients and oil. I do not and have never owned an SUV or a house too large and expensive for my requirements. I don't have any consumer debt, and never have. I don't buy anything unless I have the cash to buy it.

I'll bet there are plenty more out there like me. Speak up!

#49     Jul 9, 2009
  10. You're not in a position to correct drcha or anyone else. If one wants to see what a total assclown you are they can read back from this point where you showed that, not only are you clueless, you can't admit when you're wrong: http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=2388683#post2388683

I'll give you an even better generalization... the absolute worst thing that baby boomers did was to produce "generation me." And you personify the worst attributes of that generation.

#50     Jul 10, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.