The future of the United States includes...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drcha

drcha

Since when do your parents, or anyone's parents, owe them an education or a house?

#21     Jul 7, 2009
  2. Eight

Eight

So he's basically a greedy little capitalist with no qualms about capitalizing on other people's misfortunes. Good, the US has a future then.

My recommendation is that we all drop all the political parties, the economic arguments and the philosophical debates and join the constitution party and learn how to raise HELL when the locals and the Feds trample our constitutional rights... we lost our fourth amendment to the War On Drugs, our first amendment and our economic freedoms to the War On Poverty, etc... I'm telling the public sector to take their wars and shove them so far up sideways that it gives them a headache... Iraq, Afghanistan, who cares, let them burn up their own areas with their particular brands of insanity and blow them away quickly when they bring their problems here....

#22     Jul 7, 2009
  3. Canada and Europe do not have the US defence budget, the US (which has controlled NATO since the Suez crisis) is the hierarch of NATO and these other NATO countries do not have to worry about their defence spending, as they are protected by the US essentially.

American cars were cheap and mass-produced, that does not equate with quality. European cars were always more costly than American cars on average, and the luxury market as a percentage of total car sales has increased in the US.

In terms of GDP per capita in both nominal and especially in PPP the US does have one of the highest rankings, the countries with higher GDP per capitas are sparsely populated European and Asian countries. So if GDP per capita is fudged and totally incorrect, where are you getting your VERIFIABLE and RECOGNIZED basis for the US living standard from?

The public education system in the US has the highest spending in the world and continues to be, the private education system still has the highest spending even with the credit crunch, I am talking about the present not 20 years from now.

The US has overspent by a massive amount on the consumer part of the economy as evidenced by the trade deficits and the budget deficits.

Again you do not seem to understand that the current economic output of the US is being artifcially KEPT high by the dollar being the reserve. If the dollar was not the reserve the purchasing power of the dollar WOULD BE MUCH MUCH lower and that means that the dollar would plummet, real wages would plummet as well as the living standard. Canada, the EU or any other economic union or nation on planet Earth do not have the reserve currency and a Fed printing press , they are completely different comparisons.

#23     Jul 7, 2009
  4. So a bunch of well off young adults whom have made their nut early on are calling for a dictator.

The largest transfer of wealth our generation will ever see and your associate is going to profit.

Oh my.

Is the irony not delicious?

Wow.

This 37 year old trader will step away now. It is strange in here.

#24     Jul 7, 2009
  5. .

Eight: So he's basically a greedy little capitalist with no qualms about capitalizing on other people's misfortunes.

July 8, 2009

SouthAmerica: This is a guy that started his company when he was 17 years old, and he has been doing well since that time.

He works very hard, sometimes these guys work around the clock for 2 and 3 days at the time non-stop taking breaks only to sleep on the couch on his office for a few hours.

He has initiative, he has good business sense, he is a very hard worker, and he has about 25 people working on his office. He created a job for another 25 people.

About 2 years ago when he needed more space he bought the building where his business is locate today for one million dollars.

On my book this guy is an asset for the United States – he has a real business and he is creating something of value.

I don’t consider this fellow a greedy little capitalist in the sense that you mean.

On this case he got the seed money for his business from members of his family, but there is a group of investors that I admire – the venture capitalists. They give the seed money to build the companies of tomorrow. These guys add value to the US economy since these companies eventually grow and create the new jobs of the future.

A greedy little capitalist, a bottom feeder, a parasite are these guys who work for companies such as Goldman Sacks, some hedge funds, and most private equity firms – most of these guys are worthless since they buy healthy companies strip them of any value, raid their pension plans, destroy the lives of thousands of people just to make a quick buck, and after they are done stripping these companies they leave behind companies full of debt, thousands of unemployed people, and they spin the carcass of a very sick company to the suckers who invest on these companies. Or they create garbage that they repackage as investment vehicles to sell to unsuspecting investors in the US and around the world.

I have no use for this group of parasites as far as I am concerned they are just a piece of shit. They create wealth for a small group of people by destroying the foundations of a sound economy.

#25     Jul 8, 2009
  6. .

July 8, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to TrueRange

I am also puzzled why these kids think that way since all of them have a very nice life?

We must be missing something here.

It would be a different story if these kids were under privileged kids who had nothing and were angry against the world.

#26     Jul 8, 2009
  7. aegis

aegis

Just because things are going well for them now doesn't mean it will continue. They're obviously bright enough to see the writing on the wall. That's why they're pissed.

#27     Jul 8, 2009
  8. .

July 8, 2009

SouthAmerica: Reply to Aegis

I think you got the right answer.

#28     Jul 8, 2009
  9. I have asked that question on threads like these at least 3 or 4 times in the past, but left off the obvious anwer to see if anyone would answer it. Of course nobody has.

#29     Jul 8, 2009
  10. Yea it’s funny around here when the likes of Trader666 and such start in on these threads. After they pretty much admit this generation has it harder, they start this “oh quit you’re bitching, why don’t you take a trip to Central America and see the poverty there and you’ll realize how good you have it.” I always tell them that I hope they are not a lawyer because that is the lousiest argument I have ever heard. No we shouldn’t compare the economy to what our parents had, we should be grateful we have food and clean water. Hmmm that’s makes a lot of sense.

#30     Jul 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.