The Future Of America

Discussion in 'Economics' started by gnome, Aug 27, 2008.

1. gnome

gnome

Perhaps that will become the new currency... :D :D

#11     Aug 27, 2008
  2. You may be laughing, but would you be surprised to learn that during 70's-80's in the former Soviet Union the ultimate currency unit was a bottle Stoli.

When the system is seriously out of balance - the drugs always become a currency.

#12     Aug 27, 2008
  3. gnome

gnome

Oh, I wasn't laughing (other than the kind of giggles that "currency" tends to give one)...

Many items of perceived value have been used as currency throughout the ages... even some kinds of dung! (Kind of ironic, don't you think... considering the $USD's future prospects..)

#13     Aug 27, 2008
  4. RhinoGG

RhinoGG Guest

I'm voting for Ron Paul!

#14     Aug 27, 2008
  5. Actually, I think after Nixon went off the Gold standard, the value of USD is maintained by pure geopolitical and military forces. As long as US military is the biggest and most efficient - we have nothing to worry about the bad times.
    Protection from enemies in exchange for buying toxic debt and US govt bonds - does the Roman Empire sound familiar.

The only difference is the Romans did not have financial markets - they had to pay their soldiers in gold.

Financial markets are the 8th wonder of the world - it is how US will keep on going.
    The future is bright.

#15     Aug 27, 2008
  6. Stosh

Stosh

It can't hurt anything, but I don't think things will change for the better until governments (local, state, and fed) have a hard time borrowing money and have to pay 20% plus in interest. As we know, when over half the voters are on the dole in one way or another, it is tough to get them to vote against their interests. Rob from Peter to pay Paul for his vote and his families vote, etc. Stosh

#16     Aug 27, 2008
  7. wow that's a bit of a stretch isn't it?

Nothing to worry about except for currency collapse and a tidal wave of debt defaults from a credit-based false economy.

#17     Aug 27, 2008
  8. Cesko

Cesko

I forgot the name of British historian who said Americans risk commiting national suicide if they elect Obama.
    Personally, the prospect of him (and his bitch) being a president scares the shit out of me.
    I can't listen to any of their slogans,cliches, phrases and other phony non-sense they keep spitting out.

#18     Aug 27, 2008
  9. gnome

gnome

Other than that plus H5N1 & H9N2, we've got "no worries".. :D

#19     Aug 27, 2008
  10. You are. It's going to be worse. There won't even be an America in 5-10 years.

Enough with the angry diatribes, go do more research, because you still fail to understand how the system works.

#20     Aug 27, 2008