The French Paradox

Discussion in 'Politics' started by axeman, Apr 21, 2004.

1. June 30, 2003
    French Paradox
    The old French Paradox used to be why they could eat whatever the hell they wanted and have such a low incidence of cardiovascular disease (think wine and olive oil). The French now find themselves in the odd situation of having to create a new French Paradox- how to be complete and total assholes to all Americans, including booing Serena Williams and jeering when the National Anthem is played, how to treat our President and Congress like crap, how to be obstructionist on the world scene and coddle every dictator, yet still have lots of American tourist come to Paris to visit and how to continue to sell lots of wine to American markets.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/archives/002725.html

LOL! :D

peace

axeman

2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You know, I can handle the French being anti-American government. And it doesn't even bother me so much that they hate American tourists, I mean do we really like French tourists? But when they boo American athletes it shows a total lack of class. They did this last year during the French Open tournament. In fact, they do it quite a bit. I find it appalling. I'm not a big fan of either of the Williams sisters but for God sake, let show a little bit of class here and dignity.

3. Europeans! In eastern europe they still make "monkey" noises at black players in soccer matches.

4. Cutten

Cutten

No different to the Americans who boycotted wine and cheese made by French people who couldn't give a rat's ass about Iraq. French people in America got a lot of abuse over the last year, despite having nothing to do with their government's venal foreign policy.

There's scum on both sides of a pond.

5. You know, the 5 of us could hop over to Paris, bitch-slap a few Frenchies, and have their unconditional surrender before sunrise. And it would probably be a lot of fun to own the country too were it not for the fact that so many French live there.