The Frat Boy Gets To Walk

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jan 15, 2009.

1. mtwokay

mtwokay

Coming from you I would have expected more. :confused: :(

Everything in my post is a statement of fact, not kool aid. If you don't agree, dispute them. Name calling is unnecessary.

#41     Jan 17, 2009
  2. I'll take it that most of the people on here aren't economist nor do they know much about economics.

For every Tax cut you get, a tax hike looms in the future. Tax cuts are given to stimulate the economy, the deficit left behind will be made up again by taxes. It's a matter of equilibrium.

The U.S has >11 trillion in deficit, and ~42 trillion in promissory obligations (Medicare A, B, & D...Social Security). If you continue to scream for tax cuts, we will never get out of this deficit. Cutting spending alone will not take care of this debt, Tax increases are necessary...and it'll happen in the future once the economy starts to recover.

I personally think most on here are only after their own pockets and not the good of the nation. If you care for the economic health of the nation, it won't be hard to see that we will eventually need a tax increase.

And need I mention that most of the 11 trillion is owed to Japan, China, etc.

Keep in mind that Obama has nothing to do with this. I don't care if you like the man or not, just try to be fair when placing your blame and don't sound like an uneducated idiot.

As for my main man Bush, he made some bad decisions, but it's hard to blame him for most of what we currently got going on. The war added to the deficit, and he was hardly conservative when it comes to spending. Apart from that, he's just a cool frat boy from Texas, lol.

#42     Jan 17, 2009
  3. And there is lots more....

ie trade agreements that serve the few....and end up actually dramatically raising taxes of already poor countries....and the prices of their most basic items such as food....and eliminating US jobs....in exchange for providing others some $300/month jobs...

Man the list goes on.....even crap like the fewest hours worked by an US President....

And I suppose the thousands of Iraqi children which served as political fodder and collateral damage was acceptable.....in the name of the hope of securing $4 oil lifting costs and control....Too bad it wasn't 1000's of innocent American 3 year olds that died needlessly eh ? Or I suppose an Iraqi is not a human being ? And I suppose one creates peace by killing other people's children ?

Even Greenspan knows Iraq is/was about oil....and Mr Exxon smokes an $800m year....

The Iraq Oil bet may pay off yet.....call it what it is....

And the bottom line is that these guys are going to talk their fake book particularly at the end to minimize the liklihood of being incarcerated....

The turkey is cooked....too bad it/they walk....

Game may not be over....I doubt it is....

Chronyism Texas style is the "Mission accomplished"....end of story....

There are much better ways to secure energy....

GFR

What is utterly amazing are those that cannot see the game....

There is something to say for "loyalty"...

And there is something to say about "ultimate stupidity"....

It is amazing what people do....

So go the markets....

Over the years one learns to never be surprised or shocked at what people do....

Anything and everything happens....

Always be aware....

#43     Jan 17, 2009
  4. mtwokay

mtwokay

Complex question but I'll give you my simple answer.

Stabelizing Iraq and Afghanistan is a prerequisit for dealing with Iran. In my opinion, Iran has always been the ultimate goal.

#44     Jan 17, 2009
  5. Let's face it, he had a lot of tough choices. He's not a great communicator. I'll guarantee you he's more intelligent than 99% of the public who says 'Bush is a moron'. Statements like that don't lead to intelligent discussion, and without intelligent discussion we'll never learn from experience. [/B][/QUOTE]

You're somehow right, but I wouldn't go as far as 99%. Everyone wants to jump on him given that they know little about how hard his gig is...which quite frankly isn't fair.

#45     Jan 17, 2009
  6. LANDIS....

Please don't waste your breathe. The people your arguing with will say just about anything to make their point for Bush irregardless of its validity or effectiveness. Let them be.

#46     Jan 17, 2009
  7. 4XQs

4XQs

But what you really need is medication.

#47     Jan 17, 2009
  8. Great post. Numnuts on this board who voted for Obama (who isn't even an American citizen and no one can prove otherwise) deserve what they get.

#48     Jan 17, 2009
  9. Ron Paul.....was the most logical choice....

Obama is self made....this is good....

But...without structural change....it does not matter which monkey has the podium...

#49     Jan 17, 2009
  10. I can't dispute the validity of your point about the tone of my comments.

My attack was ad hominem and lacking in substance.

Regarding your "factual" points about Bush, his policies may or may not have been the reason why we have not suffered another attack since 9/11, but to state that they are affirmatively, as you did, is speculative at best.

And that's the one thing those still denying Bush was anything but an unmitigated disaster hang their hat on when feeling compelled to defend his tenure.

Whether the economy, foreign policy, budget deficits, the national debt, trade policy - you name it - Bush has a simply horrid record.

I would get into the specifics with you, and you're among the few that warrants the time and effort in doing so, but I have found debating Bush's record as he is about to leave for good to be an uninspiring task; even chore.

Sorry for the prior insults.

Suffice it to say that I am in agreement with Landis, and don't need to restate the case he already has succinctly laid out.

#50     Jan 17, 2009