The Frat Boy Gets To Walk

Discussion in 'Economics' started by libertad, Jan 15, 2009.

1. I guess you aren't aware of who created the "Commodity Futures Modernization Act of 2000" and how it was the birthplace of $34 TRILLION in credit default swaps, an Enron that completely "gamed" the power grid of the world's 6th largest economy with power contracts that were un-regulated, not too mention legislation that allowed West Texas Intermediate crude oil to trade overseas in Dubai and London without any regulatory oversight whatsover that helped facilitate the run up to $147 per barrel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_Futures_Modernization_Act_of_2000

Yeah, that was REAL smart legislation and it worked wonders for our Economy!

#31     Jan 16, 2009
  2. No, of course not.

Bush merely appointed Ivy Leaguer's Hank Paulson and Ben Bernanke to "bail-out" AIG with $145 BILLION of taxpayer money, BSC with $29 BILLION in taxpayer money, BAC with $45 BILLION of taxpayer money, CITI with $45 BILLION of taxpayer money, Wells Fargo with $25 BILLION of taxpayer money, MS with $10 BILLION of taxpayer money, etc.

We are so very thankful that Bush and his appointees have been able to RAPE the taxpayer without the use of the "numbnuts of the melting-pot".

Thank God Bush was able to save "Wall Street" with his Ivy League "buddies".

Nothing like giving out free money to all of those bankers that helped package up those mortgage backed securities in the first place.

A great reward for running your business in a prudent manner and sending shareholder value to zero. Makes perfect sense!

#32     Jan 16, 2009
  3. If he's so intelligent, then why did he appoint Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense?

Alberto Gonzales as Attorney General? Gayle Norton as Secretary of the Interior? Christine Todd-Whitman as head of the EPA? Michael Chertoff as Secretary of Homeland Security? Pat Wood as head of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission?

Hank Paulson as Treasury Secretary?
    Christopher Cox as head of the SEC?

These people have not represented the common man, and in fact the latter
    two ( Paulson and Cox ) have done absolutely nothing to defend the taxpayer, investor, nor capitalism.

#33     Jan 16, 2009
  4. There is one good thing about Bush....

HE IS GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad the crew is not in JAIL !!!!!!!!!!!

99.999% of the world hopes the name BUSH is never seen
    or heard ever again....

This guy wouldn´t make mayor of Crawford, TX....

#34     Jan 16, 2009
  5. BSAM

BSAM

Don't jinx us. He's still got a few hours left, and, like the market, anything can happen.:eek:

#35     Jan 16, 2009
  6. You are right.....

Can you believe this....

The guy wants to set up a ¨think tank¨.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

#36     Jan 16, 2009
  7. mtwokay

mtwokay

lol, get a life Landis. Your points are moot without a secure country free of terrorism, which was the premise of my post.

BTW:

1. Clinton signed the Commodity Futures Modernization Act

2. The Democratic Party in control of congress could have stopped the bailout.

3. Bush isn't responsible for the value of the dollar or the price of oil according to my pocket US Constitution.

4. Last I checked the foreign debt ownership curve began well before Bush's time.

#37     Jan 16, 2009
  8. So then let me ask you this . . .

If Bush has been so prudent in his global war on terrorism, then why has he and his Administration allowed Iran's nuclear program to advance dramatically over the last 8 years?

Why did "Tough Guy" Bush REJECT the Israeli's plea to have permission to fly over Iraqi airspace last year and use U.S. made "bunker-busting" bombs in order to take out Iran's main nuclear reactor at Natanz?

http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/node/38875

Why did Bush reject that opportunity???

#38     Jan 17, 2009
  9. Keep sucking down that Bush-cult Kool Aid, moron.

Does it come in crow flavor?

I found the perfect play set for you.

[​IMG]

#39     Jan 17, 2009
  10. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLpkeDg7uyI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PLpkeDg7uyI&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#40     Jan 17, 2009