The Four in One Gospel of Jeshua HaMashiach

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, Apr 19, 2019.

1. expiated

expiated

The above map looks to indicate about the same journey taken when "Joseph went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; to be taxed with Mary his espoused wife."

It looks to me like Jerusalem is just a bit north of the hill country of Judea where Mary visited Elizabeth (though I don't really know exactly where the "hill country" is located). Why the Bible says Joseph went "up" from Galilee I don't know (since Jerusalem is south) unless of course it was talking about elevation and Jerusalem is above Galilee in that sense. But again, I do not know if this is true. (Maybe I'll check it out later.)

#31     May 24, 2019
  2. stu

stu

[​IMG]

On the same theme of fictional characters placed into real maps, here's Sherwood forest which looks like it's just a bit north of Nottingham and among other things shows the route Robin Hood took when he first confronted Little John. It's well known how Robin and his Merry band of men journeyed across the Greenwood with Maid Marion being loyal to King Richard who was fighting in the 3rd Crusade, attempting to recover the Holy Land from the Muslim ruler of Syria Salah ad-Din the Great, although Richard failed to capture Jerusalem. In his absence the King's brother John was acting as proxy ruler and imposed heavy taxes on the people to pay for the war but also enriched himself, so Robin took on the role of protecting the poor. Unlike the Bible, all this is of course quite true (although maybe I should check it out later too).

#32     May 25, 2019
  3. Good1

Good1

You have no idea how thick were the politics in those days. You'll never know how many books were burnt to further one agenda or another. Evidence of the destruction of large libraries is the need some monks found to bury the "Nag Hamadi" library in a clay jar out in the desert. At one point, Origin was a church father, only later to become some kind of heritic post-mortem. Round about 500 AD you had a Roman Emporer put his thumb on the concept of hell, pushing it to the limits now commonly accepted by most Christians.

#33     Aug 3, 2019