The Four in One Gospel of Jeshua HaMashiach

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by expiated, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Sig

Sig

It sounds rather like we're in agreement, what is written in the bible as the words of Jesus aren't literally the words of a guy named Jesus and the book is an amalgamation of a bunch of authors at different times that a bunch of other people for various reasons decided needed to be part of the cannon. As such taking it literally, as is the foundational belief of fundamentalism, or more specifically the assertion made by @expiated that it is an unmodified literal word of god, which is what I was responding to, is naive at best. No need to even start on the concept that because I don't share the religious beliefs of @expaited the entire field of risk adjusted return is invalid and I am "uninformed"!

#21     Apr 30, 2019
  2. expiated

expiated

The third thing mentioned in the Gospels was the announcement of the impending birth of John the baptizer (Yohhanan) by the angel Gabriel, which helps illustrate that angels sometimes act as God’s messengers.

The Bible mentions only three angels by name: Gabriel, Michael and Abaddon (or Apollyon). In the last book before Revelation, Jude states that Michael was sent by God to deal in some way with the body of Moses, which God Himself had buried after Moses’ death

Moreover, the angel Gabriel told Daniel that he was resisted by a demon called the prince of Persia until Michael came to his assistance. So from these citations and others we see that angels and demons are at times engaged in spiritual battles with regard to situations facing people on Earth, and that demons oppose angels in attempts to prevent them from doing the Lord’s bidding.

#22     Apr 30, 2019
  3. Sig

Sig

Okey dokey, not sure who or what this was in response to....but I guess if you believe an invisible being tells you things it's not much of a leap to just start one sided conversations with no-one on a public forum.

#23     Apr 30, 2019
  4. Maybe that's his way of calling you a demon?

#24     Apr 30, 2019
  5. Sig

Sig

Ah, I see! In that case, I agree with you absolutely @expiated. See I think any god who ever said that one should stone their son to death for any reason, let alone for simply being rebellions (Deuteronomy 21:18-21) is pure evil. How about you? I think any god who ever was OK with slavery at all, let alone selling your daughter as a slave (Exodus 21:2-11, 20-21) is pure evil. How about you? I believe a god who insists you remain married or forgo sex forever, even if your spouse beats or abuses you (Matthew 5:32) is evil. I believe that any god that dictates women submit to their husbands but not the other way around (Ephesians 5:22-33) is evil. So, if the "lords bidding" is stoning your son and I stop you from doing it which makes me a demon, then heck yeah, proud to be one! The only question is what that makes you?

Of course I'm just
    right?

BTW, if you want to accuse me of something no need to go all passive aggressive about it with conversations with imaginary friends, just say what you mean and mean what you say. Own it!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    #25     Apr 30, 2019
  6. vanzandt

vanzandt

Speaking of demons... I didn't know this...
    ...but if you add all the numbers up on a roulette wheel... they total 666.

That was a $400 question last night in the second round of Jeopardy.
    fwiw.
    (I'm dvr'ing that millionaire cat. Damn he's smart.)

#26     Apr 30, 2019
  7. Sig

Sig

To add to the body of useless demonic knowledge, contestants on Jeopardy are banned from betting $666!

#27     May 1, 2019
    vanzandt likes this.
  8. vanzandt

vanzandt

Interesting. A quick search shows there are five #'s that are banned.
    $666, $14, $69, $88, and $1488.
    I guess 14 and 88 are white supremacy nods. Didn't know that either.
    I'd like to see Elon on celeb Jeopardy, he could bet $420.
    "Funding secured".

#28     May 1, 2019
  9. expiated

expiated

Cited following the announcement to Zacharias of Yohhanan's impending birth is the announcement to Miriam of Yeshua's impending birth. From what I understand, Yohhanan means Yahweh provides protection and Yeshua means Yahweh delivers, saves, or rescues.

I often hear nonbelievers chastising Christians for calling out sin because Yeshua said, "I did not come to judge the world but to save the world." However, they fail to mention that the Messiah goes on to say, "The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day."

So at the very least, it sounds to me like the words spoken by the Messiah did (and do) judge people.

The Apostle John wrote, "God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." But he followed this with, "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

Before his ascension, the Messiah commanded his followers to, "Go therefore, and teach all nations...to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you... Go into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believes and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believes not shall be damned."

Other quotes from the Savior include...

"Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."

"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance."

"The men of Nineveh will rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it, for they repented at the preaching of Jonah, and behold, something greater than Jonah is here."

"Unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

"Go, and sin no more."

The notion that, were he physically present with us today, the Messiah would be totally okay with so many people opposing biblical morality is, in all probability, a very grave mistake.

#29     May 5, 2019
  10. expiated

expiated

After the announcement to Miriam of Yeshua's impending birth, she goes to "the hill country into a city of Judah" to visit her cousin Elisabeth. This looks to me like it had to be a journey of about at least 70 miles. So did someone go with her or did she make the trip alone? (Yikes!) And exactly which city was it...very few details here.

ScreenHunter_4918 May. 11 18.54.jpg

#30     May 11, 2019