The foundation of the USA is genocide, stealing land and slavery - Spike Lee

Discussion in 'Politics' started by monet, Jun 2, 2020.

1. monet

monet

"The land was stolen from native people, genocide was committed against the native people, and ancestors were stolen from Africa and brought here to work," he said.

"So the foundation of the United States of America is genocide, stealing land and slavery.

"Any architect will tell you that if you don't have a strong foundation, the building's going to be shaky, and shaky from day one... This original sin has not been dealt with since the birth of this country."

- Spike Lee

bible-guy.jpg

black-guy.jpg

He makes a good point

PintoFire, userque and Tony Stark like this.
  2. Cuddles

Cuddles

Ulysses S. Grant, served in the war with Mexico and later wrote:

I was bitterly opposed to the measure [to annex Texas], and to this day regard the war [with Mexico] which resulted as one of the most unjust ever waged by a stronger against a weaker nation. It was an instance of a republic following the bad example of European monarchies, in not considering justice in their desire to acquire additional territory.[40]

General Ulysses S. Grant, fighting in this war as a young army lieutenant, called it “wicked” and “the most unjust war ever waged.” Grant felt the ensuing Civil War was God’s punishment for that sin. Abraham Lincoln called James K. Polk, who was president at the time of the war, a liar and called down God’s wrath on Polk’s head.

userque and Tony Stark like this.
  3. Give the country back to the Native Americans and the rest of us can all go home to our civilized European, Asian, South American etc countries and “African Americans” can go back to their third world continent and protest against the local warlord that is slaughtering innocent villagers.

Problem solved Spike Lee you white hating racist piece of shit.

4. Cuddles

Cuddles

Quit looking at the mirror, Spike Lee said nothing about "whites".

5. monet

monet

A Native American (president) may stand a better chance of uniting all sides than either Obama or Trump.

6. easymon1

easymon1

Gee, no shit.
    To what part of the western hemisphere does that analysis not apply, there bud?
    Did you not get the memo?
    Ever heard of the Dutch?
    They learned how to slave from none other than the experts, the Somalis, who slave to this very day. As In Check your Watch.
    What you gonna do about That? Today.
    There are more slaves today in 2020 than ever in history.
    Better get busy there monet.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_in_Somalia
    Remember too that the Neanderthals are still plenty pissed off at You, you H. sapiens, you, lol.
    Whatchagonnadoo? ...and Bigfoot; raving mad. It's rough out there.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2020
  7. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

I hope equal criticism is given to his African ancestors who SOLD their own people
    to whitey.

8. Snarkhund

Snarkhund

Spike Lee has always seemed to me to be one of the most rabid racists I've ever see. The man hates white people based solely on their pigmentation with complete disregard for content of character. Pretty much the classic definition of racism.

For me it has colored all of his work and exposed the real themes and they are distasteful.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

If we get to go back to Europe, can I have some nice land in Switzerland?

10. VEGASDESERT

VEGASDESERT

Of course spike lee may simply be masquerading as a justice warrior. He is
    after all in the grievance business and has done very well.

For all i know he's at his 3rd home banging his white girlfriend on the side and wondering why Todd hasn't called to play gold in a while... just sayin.

#10     Jun 3, 2020