The Foresight Thread

Discussion in 'Journals' started by dbphoenix, Mar 19, 2015.

1. trader482

trader482

Doesn't matter, that's all hindsight. That doesn't tell me why 80 is an important level.

NQ 100 Futures(15 Minutes)20150504144330.png

#211     May 4, 2015
  2. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Your trading plan for the session isn't hindsight if it was formulated before the session began.

If it was formulated before the session began and these important levels were not taken into account, I suggest you take them into consideration for tomorrow.

#212     May 4, 2015
  3. good day. (Gave last trade of the day more room that I usually would)
    8 trades. 2 losers. +30
    See how much of it I can keep tomorrow...

• ed.jpg
      ed.jpg
      File size:
      78.5 KB
      Views:
    #213     May 4, 2015
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Anyone who is trading an hourly interval knows that their demand line was broken yesterday afternoon at 79, dropping to 72 (there's 72 again). Price then rallied, but dropped back below the line at 1500, eventually reaching 64 this morning.

The question is how far can price drop after a break -- the MAE -- and still rally for a continuation? 5pts? 10? 20? At what level does the probability for a continuation become unacceptable? Should you be short already? Once one knows this, he no longer has to think about it, at which point he becomes a manager rather than a guesser.

The strategies are the same. The rules are the same. The tactical sets will be different for each trader. Which is why no one can provide a tactical set for somebody else.

#214     May 5, 2015
  5. weasel2

weasel2

db
    How come no more foresight charts? I enjoyed comparing my levels with the levels you had.

#215     May 5, 2015
  6. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Troll bait. It gets to the point where it affects my trading, and no one appears to benefit from it anyway.

I'll be happy to contribute to the journals of those who want to pursue this. Just not here.

#216     May 5, 2015
  7. Gringo

Gringo

[​IMG]

#217     May 6, 2015
    dbphoenix likes this.
  8. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Too bad the Squigglers don't know what a range is. Or what a breakout is.

#218     May 6, 2015
  9. I spotted the same range. Getting better at spotting the ranges, but unfortunately, I often get chopped up.
    2 losers on the breakout to the upside, but made up for it on the short on the breakdown, luckily.

• ed.jpg
      ed.jpg
      File size:
      73.7 KB
      Views:
    #219     May 6, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

And here we are at the median of the weekly trend channel.

#220     May 6, 2015