The Flynn crash

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

Ehhh, no. Aside from Constitutional indelicacies, there is also the concept that *all* are subject to "the Law" -- a concept borrowed by U.S. Founding Fathers from the signing of the Magna Carta. Here -- so you don't have to look it up:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magna_Carta
    Put that idea with a little Locke
    https://www.shmoop.com/ideological-origins-of-american-revolution/john-locke.html
    and you really got something on which to base a government. Call it a "What Makes Us Up" or a "Here's our constituent parts." or..... a Constitution.
    :wtf::p:cool: :rolleyes:

#31     Dec 4, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  2. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

That was hilarious. Finely understated -- perhaps a smoke or a glass of brandy in hand?

#32     Dec 4, 2017
    beerntrading likes this.
  3. Two Magna Carta / common law constitutional references in two consecutive posts? Not bad :cool:

#33     Dec 4, 2017
    tommcginnis likes this.
  4. Pekelo

Pekelo

TRUE. It was very tradeable and volatility is the trader's best friend. You said you were going to buy on a dip, well, dip it was.

#34     Dec 4, 2017
    timdug likes this.
  5. Pekelo

Pekelo

There is actually a Politics section for this kind of stupidity, but...

Boy, do I have a civic class for you. Also Richard Nixon would like to disagree with you.

And you might want to look up separation of power.

#35     Dec 4, 2017
    Cuddles, userque and tommcginnis like this.
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

It is simply not possible for a president to obstruct justice. They have the power to fire anyone they like at any time as the president is the chief justice officer of the US. Justice and the president are one and the same. He/She cannot obstruct themselves. They can only be impeached and convicted. Congress is the only body with any power over the president. By the way, if impeached and convicted, the president would just be pardoned by their successor. As you can see, presidents are above the law entirely.

#36     Dec 4, 2017
  7. timdug

timdug

Really? Are you serious?

#37     Dec 4, 2017
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes. I did not see where you had posted these trades in real time and as such they are suspect. I think it's real easy to come in after the fact and indicate that you took a small long position (indicating that the initial drop didn't hurt too bad) and then flipped the trade for a short and then bought again at the bottom. It doesn't pass the smell test and I believe the story to be made of whole cloth.

#38     Dec 4, 2017
  9. timdug

timdug

I am a professional day trader, trading 12 hrs a day. All my trade details ie. entry, exit and exact times are proprietary information. You can check out my twitter for some of my past personal trades though. Its not that big a deal to a half decent trader to be selling that move and then buy it back. Same thing happened to nasdaq again today if you were paying attention. 1.7% move down from the open, 0.38% retracement back up. easy.

#39     Dec 4, 2017
  10. Trump has been howling hard for Mike Flynn lately (the man whom he fired), digging old dirt on Hillary. Potentially, Trump's money could be traced back to KGB coffer. I think Trump would be found guilty of obstruction of justice, abuse of power, collusion with foreign power, but he wouldn't be convicted or impeached by Republicans.

#40     Dec 4, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.