The Flagrantly Visible Hand

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ipatent, May 20, 2009.

1. ipatent

ipatent

2. pspr

pspr

Must be all that TARP money floating around. Although, it did start going up right after Obama said it was a good place to buy.

3. lrm21

lrm21

Anyone who thinks that markets are not being manipulated is an blind, deaf, idiot.

What have just witnessed over the last 24 months?

Hello..McFly..Anybody home!!

4. ZH is run by a nut with a Bloomberg terminal and too much time on his hands.

If it wasn't for this he'd be all over Space Aliens in the desert or who shot Kennedy theories.

Markets have been like this for 100 years.

Nothing new here at all.

There's probably no time in the last 10,000 dow points that the ZH guy would have said anything but "its rigged, its fake, its going down"

He just came on the scene, he'll be discredited soon enough. I'm on the record. And I haven't been wrong about anything since 1972.

5. “Something strange happened during the last 7 or 8 weeks. Doreen you probably can concur on this -- there was a power underneath the market that kept holding it up and trading the futures. I watch the futures every day and every tick, and a tremendous amount of volume came in a several points during the last few weeks, when the market was just about ready to break, and it shot right up again. Usually toward the end of the day – it happened a week ago Friday, at 7 minutes to 4 o’clock, almost 100,000 S&P futures contracts were traded, and then in the last 5 minutes, up to 4 o’clock, another 100,000 contracts were traded, and lifted the Dow from being down 18 to up over 44 or 50 points in 7 minutes. That is 10 to 20 billion dollars to be able to move the market in such a way. Who has that kind of money to move this market?"

100.000 contracts ? 10-20 billion USD ? Come on ! Do the math. What´s the initial and maintanance margin for 100.000 Mini S&P contracts ? 600 million USD. Pocket money...

6. I dont get it.

When have the markets not been strange?

NEVER