The FixCNBC petition launched....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by rickf, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I dont recall seeing Homer Noodlemans name on the petition yet.

#11     Mar 16, 2009
  2. What's worse is subsidizing garbage on the spanish language channels. And what about MTV and even the Rap music channels. Yuck.

JJacksET4

#12     Mar 16, 2009
  3. Mav88

Mav88

I don't like the idea of 'fixing' the media, that's fairness doctrine bullshit.

How about not watching? I have no idea why someone would find Cramer entertaining, but I'm not going to make Cramer change or tell people they can't watch him because that would be loss of freedom a la Stalin or Hitler.

How big of an audience are we talking about anyway? 1 million at most? ....big deal

#13     Mar 16, 2009
  4. These asshole politicians are talking about reinstating the fairness doctrine because the fat slob oxycontin addict has played by the rules at least when it comes to radio and the free market and made himself a rich man amusing people hungry for amusement in a very boring media landscape.

I give Rush credit, I can choose not to listen to him, and I do choose not to listen to him, but the beauty of that choice is a not a single penny of my money finds its way into his pocket.

But these clowns on cable television like O'Reilly, Oblerman, and Cramer are taking money from me and most everyone else who has a television and is wired to cable or satellite.

Prez Barry and his serial tax scofflaw Secretary of Treasury can huff and puff about how unfair the AIG bonuses are, and they are, but as unfair as those bonuses are they are NOWHERE as unfair as the blackmail and robbery perpetrated on common folk by pompous ass media types whether they be Bill O'Reilly or Chwissy Mathews.

Thank God, I can afford to be screwed by CNN, Fox News, CNBC, MTV and ESPN but the poor common folks Barry and his crowd are always demagoguing to, are the ones that really pay through the nose for cable entertainment. The television is their only source of information and entertainment and they are screwed as someone as already said so that the likes of George Steinbrenner's simpleton offspring can go out and overpay Madonna's juicing boy toy 300 million dollars over ten years for coming up small when his teamn needs Madge's boy toy to come up big at the plate.

I am a Yankee fan by the way, albeit an angry one.

But it seems to me the real fairness doctrine would start if those in the New York market could choose which if any Regional Sports Network they wanted to watch, and a Mets fan should not have to pay for YES if he does not want to watch that network. Regional sports networks add at least 2 dollars per month per network to your cable or satellite bill.

#14     Mar 16, 2009
  5. Mav88

Mav88

so don't buy cable, and don't tell me you have to have it

#15     Mar 16, 2009
  6. Mav88

Mav88

Why is ET so obsessed about Cramer anyway? It just goes to show you that this crowd is exactly like the people crucified here everyday.

Obama just gave a buy recommendation on stocks, is Stewart gonna have him on and chew his ass if he is wrong in 6 months? How about Buffet?

Imagine if Cramer and CNBC had given a huge sell recommendation last June, they would have been dragged before congress and told they were contributing to the problem by encouraging those evil short sellers.

#16     Mar 16, 2009
  7. JORGE

JORGE

Was thinking the same thing, if Cramer and CNBC would have explained in detail how the banks were a house of cards, they would have been accused of taking down the whole system.

I remember Cramer facing lawsuits and investigations the couple times he strongly urged people to sell a stock (OSTK and WAVX.)

Investigative journalism invovling stocks does not work, the public does not want to hear anything negative related to their investments.

#17     Mar 17, 2009
  8. LOL!

#18     Mar 17, 2009