THE FIX IS IN: Manipulation: How Markets Really Work -

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 30, 2009.

1. LOL.

I didn't calculate the federal debt. The number is electronic.

#21     May 31, 2009
  2. aceholic

aceholic

Didn't finish reading the whole article, but it actually points to something very different than what a lot of people are concluding. Eventually, everyone has to face reality.

- If gold prices are being supressed, then buy it and take delivery. If they can deliver it at that price, then it's fair.

- If stock prices are being manipulated up and down, then buy a fundamentally sound stock while it's being manipulated down and hold it. Buffett recommends it and he's faired well over time. Btw, companies that rely on their own stock price in order to function are not fundamentally sound.

Oh, and one last thing.
    Let's do the math. 1,000,000,000 divided by 1,000,000 = 1,000. Therefore, a billionaire could make 1,000 millionaires. I think there's just a wee bit more than 1000 people in the united states. And just in case you say that it's a guy with 50 billion... that still only covers 50,000 people.

#22     May 31, 2009
  3. Yep, that's right, 1000 million is one billion. So, it would take 333 billion to take care of the US population.

So let's cover the tab.

Bill Gates-40 billion
    Warren Buffet-37billion
    Carlos Helu-35 billion
    Lawerence Ellison-22.5 billion
    Ingvar Kamprad-22 billion
    Karl Albrecht-21.5 billion
    Mukesh Ambani-19.5 billion
    Lakshmi Mittal-19.3 billion
    Theo Albrecht-18.8 billion
    Amancio Ortega-18.3 billion
    The Waltons-17.8 billion( I took just Jim and used his number)
    Bernard Arnault-16.5 billion
    Li Ka-Shing-16.2 billion
    Micheal Bloomberg-16 billion

That takes out 17 of them for 339 billion. Just to play it safe.

Out of the Forbes 468, that leaves 451 of them with fortunes intact.

But, there are thirty people tied at 468. Bring the number up to 498. We can round it up to 500 for the other ties.

So, to really drive the point home, if 4% of the Forbes billionaires gave up their fortunes, that would cover the tab.

Now take away the half million or so that every American owes at birth, that leaves them with 500,000 free and clear.

That's the net worth of the top 17 richest people.

The top 17 will cover the bottom 333 million.

Get the point?

#23     May 31, 2009
  4. Achilles, I believe you are a believer of the US of A being hijacked more or less by the banking cartel and their interests, right?

Do you sometimes dare to consider the idea of 'them' overplaying their hand as just what your country needs regardless of the short therm consequences in order for the people to regain control again?

Cheers.

#24     May 31, 2009
  5. Make every man , woman and child in the US (or anywhere else) a millionaire today -- and within five years 90% of them would be as broke as they are now. And you'll be back with a system of haves and have nots, just like now.

Give idiots money the easy way and they run through it quicker than a bum goes through a bottle of tequila. I've seen it with my own eyes.

#25     May 31, 2009
  6. Absolutely-100% correct.

There are broken lottery winners. And a stat that I saw on SI shows that 60% of NBA players are busted inside of 5 years.

#26     May 31, 2009
  7. achilles28

achilles28

With enough rope, they'll hang themselves?

Sure, its possible. And probably likely. Most empires fall from within - meglomanical rulers canabalize the productive class.

There's really only a thin-veneer of propoganda that seperates America from waking up. Its already happenign - the explosion in alternative media, public figures announcing a New World Order, enhanced internationalism that erodes national sovereignty, a North American Union, a Global Central Bank etc etc.

The deniers are too scared to confront whats been admitted for decades. But people are growing balls and standing up.

#27     May 31, 2009
  8. Wouldn't that also partially be a consequence of a failed system that again serves only those who have most to lose if the population would regain some level of intelligence and frugality?

Seems to me people in the western world have been intentionally dumbed down to serve as the engine of consumption supporting the global economy.

Now that movement seems to belong to the past perhaps we could bring some sanity back in the general mindset of the people if not volunteeraly then out of necessity.:)

#28     May 31, 2009
  9. achilles28

achilles28

That's true. Most people are happier to subsist and spend, rather than invest and sacrifice. Its easier and favors the lazy.

#29     May 31, 2009
  10. Yes markets are rigged, but there is not one particular group that systematically profit from it, and there is no organized conspiracy against the majority, just people acting in their own interests and the government taking orders from some of the most powerful of them.

#30     May 31, 2009