THE FIX IS IN: Manipulation: How Markets Really Work -

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ByLoSellHi, May 30, 2009.

1. I am a "rigged market" guy too. Gann talked extensively about what they called "corners" back then.

Hunt and silver is the most famous one.

That is why I trade FX, and spread my risk globally. I take pairs with USD, JPY, CHF, EUR, AUD, GBPand CAD in them and trade those.

It is amazing to c what currency markets do b4 the NY open. I don't even look at the news anymore, I know what happened just by looking at the Euro and Sterling/Yen crosses.

The dollar IS going to collapse, as it is weakening aggressively against all major currencies.

Not to sound like a conspiracy nut, but it gets harder and harder to ignore the possibility of economic warfare on the US.

I mean people are moving out of the dollar and into the sterling, which makes no sense at all. London has no infrastructure. They will fare much worse in a global manufacturing slowdown than we will if for no other reason than they are an island nation.

I think major players are starting to denominate their accounts in something other than dollars.

#11     May 30, 2009
  2. The rats on the inside are getting whatever they can for them and their families before the whole FUBARED ship sinks.

Just because you may be a fellow American, doesn't mean they're not waving the birdie at you with a big "F**k You!" and stealing from you and your children while they're at it.

#12     May 31, 2009
  3. Capitalists, the true ones, do not recognize borders. They are lines on a map. That is all.

They average American is seen as surplus labor during certain periods.

Humans are product, just like anything else, and most are seen as little more than hairless apes.

The men are skimmed off to fight wars, the women are skimmed off for entertainment.

The math skills of the people have been destroyed, those who have not lost those skills will be spared by being able to spot trouble and avoid it.

Out of 6 billion people, there are 500 billionaires. They couldn't even fill all the seats in a joint session of Congress.

But, just one of them could take one third of their fortune and make every man, woman and child in the United States a millionaire.

Let that sink in.

#13     May 31, 2009
  4. piezoe

piezoe

This is nothing new, of course. Good traders have always known this is how markets work.

Ms Fitts, however, may be incorrect about the legality of "pump and dump." If pump and dump, the way it is usually done and by whom it is usually done, is illegal, then that law is virtually unenforceable. While it is illegal to falsify data and present it as factual or to publish lies for the purpose of moving prices (especially moving them down), it is not illegal to publish or state an opinion, no matter how ridiculous. And it certainly is not illegal to move the price of a stock or an entire market by buying or selling.

Some unsavory activities are, of course, both clearly illegal and enforceable. Naked short selling, for example. And it would be a pleasant departure for the SEC to start enforcing the law in this regard.

In the short run, markets, for a variety of reasons, including legal manipulation, are often biased from economic reality and inefficient. Only on average, over the very long-run, do markets tend to reflect reality. And that is why short term traders use technical analysis and price action, and not fundamentals, to make buying and selling decisions. In fact, intraday traders usually ignore fundamentals altogether.

#14     May 31, 2009
  5. Mvic

Mvic

Little off in your math, and pretty much everything else for that matter.

#15     May 31, 2009
  6. achilles28

achilles28

I wouldn't have thought so a few months ago...

IMF SDR's, Geitner calling for a global currency, China pushing for a Yuan reserve. Disturbing.

If the Global Elite want a new reserve currency, it'll happen. And then the mother of all shit storms will descend upon America.

#16     May 31, 2009
  7. piezoe

piezoe

Ah, if only the last paragraph were true. Perhaps the calculation in the last paragraph needs to be revisited.

#17     May 31, 2009
  8. I was rounding with my math. As far as all else, it does not matter what u think, or how u feel. If u don't have the resources the outcome will be the same for u and everyone u know.

#18     May 31, 2009
  9. piezoe

piezoe

Hmmm, you rounded 300 trillion down to 333 million. Wow, that's some rounding! You must be the guy that computes the CPI figures for the Fed. :D

#19     May 31, 2009
  10. Here's my take. Remember all them folks who took the TARP? You know, the big fat cats of Wall Street who collectively are the biggest market makers. In addition, remember all the cash Helicopter Bernie sprayed on the market via TALF? Although it states that it requires collateral, it's essentially a free money for the borrower. When you add the two together, it's a no-brainer.

Here's what Bernie tells these friggin' market makers: I'll provide you with infinite amount of cash, provided that you push the market up. (Just screw those shorties. Otherwise, you %^&$*() are dead!) Then he goes on to say that he's willing to allow them to keep any profit made from the move for themselves.

BTW nobody exactly knows how large TALF is, nor how it was distributed and ultimately spent. Or am I wrong on that?

#20     May 31, 2009