The First Shot?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I never said you have to support Paul 100%. I'm saying his followers are believers. They are dogmatic. They buy into the whole thing. It's about ideology. Ron Paul is a tough guy to support on issues alone because of the extreme nature of his beliefs.

Let me give you an example. Say some guy named Smon Smaul was running for President and his number one issue is getting rid of the IRS. OK, cool, I'm down with that. But another one of his issues is he wants to prosecute all women who gets abortions as a capital crime. So that's an extreme stance right? So it's hard to support Smon on your pet issue when he takes such extreme stances in others. This is why I'm saying Ron Paul supporters buy into the whole thing because he doesn't have any moderate views. It's all or nothing with him. You would be better off finding a more moderate candidate who supports your one pet issue.

#51     Jun 23, 2011
  2. Max E.

Max E.

First off, Where did i say i was voting for romney?

second, Romney has said that the first thing he will do is write an executive order exempting every single state from Obama care so if it came down to it and thats my only choice yes, i will vote for the guy who is trying to shut Obamacare down, over the one who created the disaster.

It makes sense for me to vote for Romney over Obama, If it was an election between ron Paul and Romney, hell no i wouldnt vote for romney, but the 2 of them atleast are in the same league.

And yes, Maverick is right, Romney will not start any new wars.

#52     Jun 23, 2011
  3. I agree with Ron Paul,Romney is more of the GOP same

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WFFb9m9SCio" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PURfrORhWPc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Romney wont say he agrees with pulling out of Afghanistan.Romneys response to Obama pulling troops out of Afghanistan.

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney staked out a middle ground, arguing against “an arbitrary timeline.”

“This decision should not be based on politics or economics,” Romney said. “America’s brave men and women in uniform have fought to achieve significant progress in Afghanistan, some having paid the ultimate price. I look forward to hearing the testimony of our military commanders in the days ahead.”

#53     Jun 23, 2011
  4. Max E.

Max E.

As opposed to Obama who started two new wars, doubled the troops in afghanistan, and only plans to get us to the levels we were at in afghanistan BEFORE he took office by 2012?

#54     Jun 23, 2011
  5. Where are the tea partiers in the movement or in congress demanding an end to the wars? Obama announced he will draw down troops in Afghanistan and democrats in congress and democratic voters are screaming at him its not enough and they want the wars ended sooner.I dont see that from the tea party or the GOP candidates(except Paul)

Obama is a war monger but at least pressure from the democrats are pushing him to exit Iraq or Afghanistan faster then any republican but Paul

Many GOP candidates want to stay longer then Obama and disagrees with him pulling troops out,yet you think I am supposed to vote for them over Obama :confused:

Some GOP candidates responses to Obama pulling troops out of Afghanistan

Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty argued that Obama was going too far, saying he found it “deeply concerning” that the president called for the United States to “responsibly end these wars.”

“He said we need to end the war, quote unquote, responsibly. When America goes to war, America needs to win,” Pawlenty said in an appearance on Fox News after the East Room address.

Rick Santorum, in a statement, also charged Obama with being unfocused on winning in Afghanistan, and said withdrawal was politically motivated.

“President Obama speaks of winding down our engagement in Afghanistan, but he does not emphasize the need for victory,” Santorum said. “Every American wants our brave men and women home safely, but we cannot let those who’ve given the last full measure die in vain by abandoning the gains we’ve made thus far.”

Herman Cain, who has himself been charged with a dearth of foreign policy experience, again said the Obama administration routinely puts forward “foggy foreign policy.”

“President Obama’s statement tonight is a stark reminder that while one might campaign in poetry, one must govern in prose,” Cain said, adding that an “abrupt withdrawal” could endanger American troops

#55     Jun 23, 2011
  6. Ricter

Ricter

Not sure Obama qualifies as a "war monger", but if he brings the troops home and they don't reenlist, the unemployment rate will go up.
    ; )

#56     Jun 23, 2011
  7. He's a war monger imo,but a lesser one then the GOP candidates due to party pressure imo

#57     Jun 23, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Aside from McCain, what GOP hopeful would have started more than the 2 wars Obama did? And where would they have started these extra wars?

#58     Jun 23, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Maybe we should remind him which party has started the most wars over the last 100 years. Hint...it's not the republicans.

#59     Jun 23, 2011
  10. Mercor

Mercor

The TEA party has said they are going to focus on domestic spending and not push views on foreign policy.
    In order to balance everyone agrees that some defense spending will need to be cut.

Romney is a Republican but not a Conservative.

#60     Jun 23, 2011