The First Shot?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Again,stop fucking assuming because you always assume wrong.

#21     Jun 23, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

Seriously, stay in school dude. Clinton went into Kosovo and Somalia which were disasters and put sanctions on Iraq that caused the gassing of 500k innocent people, mostly women and children. Not to mention was President over the worst genocide since the holocaust, otherwise known as Rwanda. Yeah, peace out baby.

#22     Jun 23, 2011
  3. Ron Paul has a better chance of being president though

#23     Jun 23, 2011
  4. There are major wars and there are conflicts.

Iraq 1,2 and Afghanistan =Major wars

Kosovo and Somalia=conflicts

Do I support Kosovo and Somalia,no,but I would rather Kosovo and Somalia over Iraq 1,2 and Afghanistan,thats why I vote democrat.Paul would have kept us out of all of them,thats why I would vote for him over democrats and republicans

Since I'm anti war and against the US being the world police I guess you think I should vote for the guys who gave us Iraq 1,2 and Afghanistan

#24     Jun 23, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Almost all wars start off as peace keeping missions or conflicts. You do know that is how we got into Vietnam? You are arguing semantics. I could go on and on about Clinton. He presided over the decade with the largest number of corporate scandals and the only reason he balanced the budget is thanks to Greenspan printing money and the dot com bubble producing a windfall in capital gains taxes. Take out the dot com bubble and Greenspan and he would not have balanced the budget.

#25     Jun 23, 2011
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Historically as a political issue, the deficit, national debt, and the proposed Balanced Budget Amendment have ebbed and flowed in levels of discussion and the proposed amendment has varied greatly in level of support. The modern discussion of the issue seems to have been started by the Republican Party in response to the "guns and butter" policies of President Lyndon B. Johnson, who simultaneously announced his desires for "Great Society" social programs while prosecuting the Vietnam War. Johnson also pushed for Congressional enactment of a surtax as well as other tax increases which allowed him to leave office in 1969 with a balanced budget (plus a small surplus) on the books. This was the last time the United States would see a balanced budget until 1999..

Republicans are only one to push for balenced budget amendment
    The Republican takeover of Congress in 1994 led to a push for a balanced budget as part of the Republican Contract with America campaign, continuing deficit reductions by President Clinton consistent with his 1992 campaign promise. Despite political conflicts with President Clinton, the Legislature and the Chief Executive reduced the deficit.

At this time, Americans viewed reducing the deficit one of the most important public policy objectives.[14] In March 1995, a Balanced Budget Amendment passed the House of Representatives and came within one vote of passing the Senate.[14]

#26     Jun 23, 2011
  7. Even without the dot com bubble and greenspan it would have been better then the deficits and debt from the bush duo and Reagan

While arguing that Clinton was a war hawk,you forget the 3 bigger wars from the Bush duo

While arguing that Clinton wasn't good with the budget you forget the deficits and national debt from the Bush duo and Reagan

I'm not arguing Clinton or Carter was perfect,I'm arguing that in regards to wars and finances they were better then the Bush's and Reagan and thats why I vote for their party. In case you forgot the reality is we only have 2 choices

#27     Jun 23, 2011
  8. Max E.

Max E.

You have also said that you wanted Howard Dean to be president because he weas a "real democrat" and he would have pushed for a public option, how the hell can you possibly consolodate your desire for a public option, with the fact that Ron Paul wants to dismantle the government safety net altogether?

And if your true desire is for a balanced budget and no more wars then you should be an adamant supporter of the tea party, but instead you say that you want a "real" democrat in charge, meaning you want to go even further left than Obama.

So basically the way you sit politically, is that we should either go as far left, or as far right as we possibly can, if we cant get a public option, and a complete government takeover of healthcare, we may as well just go ahead and dismantle the government altogether, that makes a lot of sense.

#28     Jun 23, 2011
  9. Please stop making assumptions because like mavrick you suck at it

#29     Jun 23, 2011
  10. Max E.

Max E.

Im not making assumptions, im using your own words.

#30     Jun 23, 2011