The First Shot?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RCG Trader, Jun 22, 2011.

1. I never said Obama was my second choice.I have said numerous times I wished another democrat like Clinton would replace him who would focus on balancing the budget,reform welfare and keep the US out of wars

#11     Jun 22, 2011
  2. Mercor

Mercor

Libertarians overlap both parties....but in no way would the order be Paul then Obama.

#12     Jun 22, 2011
  3. Mercor

Mercor

AK Forty Seven

06-14-11 07:21 AM

If Paul gets the nomination he gets my vote.If Paul doesn't get the nomination Obama is likely to get my vote

#13     Jun 22, 2011
  4. Compared to Bush,Mccain and the current GOP contenders I disagree

#14     Jun 22, 2011
  5. That only means Obama is my second choice over the likely GOP candidate,not that he is my second choice to be president as you stated .I have said I would vote for another democrat if there was a democratic primary (you can look it up),that means there are others I would pick over Obama and he isnt my second choice as you stated

#15     Jun 23, 2011
  6. Mercor

Mercor

Unfortunately for you Jimmy Carter is not running.
    You said you would vote for Obama if Paul was not a candidate.

At least be proud that you took a definitive stand. This is the first step in healing from the wounds of Marxist/ Liberalism.

#16     Jun 23, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

So let me ask you then...

You support repealing the inter-state commerce clause?

You support de-funding of planned parenthood?

You support getting rid of the EPA?

You support getting rid of the Dept of education?

You support getting rid of the IRS?

You support the dismantling of social security and Medicaid?

You support getting rid of affirmative action?

You support getting rid of any gun control?

You support the blocking the global carbon tax?

These are not trivial issues. They are game changers. Sure, the civil libertarians on the left agree with Paul on some issues but when you bring any of these issues up, their support for Paul comes to a halt. You can't be a cafeteria Paul supporter picking and choosing which issue of his you like. You either get all or none.

#17     Jun 23, 2011
  8. I would vote for Carter over Obama,he wasn't perfect but he had a nearly balanced budget and kept the US out of wars . The national debt was less then a trillion dollars when he left office.After Reagan and Bush duo we had 10 trillion in debt mostly do to them and a trillion dollar deficit.We also had 3 major wars after Carter left,all 3 started by the 2 Bushes

I said I would likely vote for Obama if Paul is not the nominee because we only have 2 choices,Obama is my second choice out of the 2 choices,not overall

#18     Jun 23, 2011
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

You could vote for the green party which is MUCH closer to your views then Ron Paul. You don't even know what Paul stands for. You just pick and choose. That's like me saying I'll either vote for George Bush or Dennis Kucinch, either one. LOL.

#19     Jun 23, 2011
  10. I would accept all that for a Balanced Budget,No income tax,No wars unless attacked,no longer being the world police,no bailing out banks and wall street ,legalize drugs etc .All Ron Paul positions

I have stated I fully support no gun control and no federal money for abortions.I can live without the rest that you mentioned if I get what I stated above

You seem to overlook the fact that I have mentioned numerous times the top reasons I am a democrat is because of the balanced or near balanced budgets of Carter and Clinton,no major wars under Carter or Clinton and I dont want the conservative right and their religious bull shit in peoples lives

#20     Jun 23, 2011