The first 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Aug 12, 2002.

1. silk

silk

I trade all day long. I do my least amount of trading in the opening 15 minutes.

The best action today was the OSX. That didn't materialize until after 11am.

Good opportunites happen all day long, and at anytime of the year. As last month showed.

#11     Aug 12, 2002
  2. William

William

#12     Aug 12, 2002
  3. The first 30 minutes is bedlam. If you can see through the beldlam, then there's easy money to be made. If you can't , best to finish off the coffee and danish, and trade when things are more stable.

#13     Aug 12, 2002
  4. I quit trading at 11AM. 99% of my money is made first 30 minutes of the day. Then I return to do MOC, if any. And even that has sucked last year or so...except during quarter ends and S&P changes....So, yea - first hour is THE opportunity for me.

#14     Aug 12, 2002
  5. I WATCH very carefully until 9:40 and then watch for the first reversal with generally kicks in by 9;50 . this trade has become so reliable for me that i have often considered increasing trade size 3-5 x and call it a day at 10:10 am. Unfortuneately i love my addiction to trading so i do not do the logical thing. to repeat though what you wanted to know , study this time period for what you already trade. there are definite repeatable patterns here. provbably due to human nature more than any complicated technical trading concept

#15     Aug 13, 2002
  6. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

right guys... that's it.. trading the open .. my favorite trading time frame is 9:30-11am and occasional closes if market's moving fast out of the range of prev session on increased volume

ken

#16     Aug 13, 2002
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I have a gap study that breaks down everything for me at the open. My best days are when Im able to get a trade off in the first 30 to 50 seconds of the day and have it closed with in the first 25 minutes.

Brandon

#17     Aug 13, 2002
  8. And that is where the advantage of bullets/conversions/baskets come into play.

#18     Aug 13, 2002