The first 30 minutes

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lojze, Nov 15, 2002.

1. lojze

lojze

How many of you, fellow traders, trade at all in the first 30 minutes?

And in the pre- and after-market?

Probably the percentage rises with experience ...

Lojze

2. I do pretty much all my trading in the first 30 minutes of trading. I'd say 70% in the first 30 minutes, 20% in the last 30 minutes and 10% in between. Been trading for many moons.

3. daytr8r

daytr8r

90% of my trading takes place within the first hour and the last hour. (no pre/after market trading)

4. ES can be very profitable in the premarket after the 830 news announcements. Yesterday it was up, today drifted lower. Just wait for the knee-jerk spikes then grab the trend.

5. lojze

lojze

Yes, I have noticed spikes at around 8:15 to 8:30.

What news announcements are then?

Lojze

6. 90 % of my trading done first 90 minutes. will occasionally take a 3:30 trade if i feel market set to make serious reversal

7. i make almost all of my money by 9:45, and i'm usually done by 10, but i'll usually stay and watch the market and sit on my hands unless i see a trading opportunity i.e news,downgrade,warning,etc. If i trade again it's the last hour of the day.

8. The usual suspects: CPI, weekly employment, business inventories, etc etc

9. You should always be aware of news announcements if trading emini's. This should help.
    http://biz.yahoo.com/c/e.html

10. Well, today my system gave a signal to go long @897.0, with the target @906.0 and guess what happened? I scored 9pts. All that happened during the first 30 minutes. So (sometimes) it is a good time.

I mean ES.

#10     Nov 15, 2002