The final collapse of the US dollar it is just around the corner

Discussion in 'Economics' started by SouthAmerica, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Why not print $1.5 Trillion in new money and pay off all creditors in full now. Simultaneously enact a transaction tax of 1% on all monetary exchange and use in dollars. The new money just has to change hands 100 times and we have collected the $1.5 Trillion back. Destroy the $1.5 Trillion collected and problem solved. Debt eliminated, booming economy and M0 levels same as now.

We can create value out of thin air by printing money.
    We eliminate all interest expenses.
    We pay off our debt by monetary transaction taxes.

We should continue this monetary transaction tax until the dollar is reduced to the levels of gold we possess. This will insure the dollar remains the Settlement and reserve currency of the world.

Bottom line is our economy only thrives when money is frequently exchanging hands for goods and services in taxable transactions.

#21     Mar 10, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

the only questions is "what denomination will you parish at"!

#22     Mar 10, 2011
  3. Please, the dollar is not going to just collapse you fools.

It will slowly decay. Over 10, 20, 30, years.
    Even with QE 3, 4, 5 6.

So, all you "Dollar Collapse overnight people" sound like uneducated idiots.

There is a test case for what the US is going through, it is called JAPAN the last 30 years.

#23     Mar 10, 2011
  4. zdreg

zdreg

typical third world thinking.

#24     Mar 10, 2011
  5. Ok complete currency collapse during a short period (1week-1month) HAS happened in the past and definatly CAN happen in the future ....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperinflation

Through history the average life of a fiat currency (not backed by anything) is 40 years. We are on year 40 since the gold standard was abolished in 71.

The "breaking point" may or may not happen within the next 10 years as far as a very quick devaluation period ( 2 weeks) .

I can tell you that a very likely possibility is that OIL is priced in something other than USD in the near future. That would kill america everyday thereafter when the dollar decreases in value relative to purchasing power for oil. We are pretty much robbing the world with oil being priced in USD and they will rob us when it is priced in something else.

If force majeure is heard on the news then I hope you have some gold, silver, food, ammo and new pair of underwear for when you shit your pants.

#25     Mar 10, 2011
  6. USA is not going to collapse anytime sooner if it did it woulded happen 2008. Foreign Countries need USA and USA need Foreign Countries. Think about it. If USA collapse how China economy going to keep growing at the rate it's growing now? WE buy 95% of their items were the reason why China is growing at the rate it is. You guys have to think and stop reading that conspriracy theory stuff.

#26     Mar 10, 2011
  7. donnap

donnap

Heh, heh, I think he means that you gotta move to Louisiana.:confused:

#27     Mar 10, 2011
  8. That is the same guy that you hear on talk radio commercials all the time talking about correctly predicting collapses and another dire prediction.

To anyone interested, a quick background check reveals that he is only correct about 50% of the time. His main investment strategy is long term value investing of distressed companies. His secret strategy that nobody knows about is selling naked puts (synthetic covered calls to the options amateur). Covered calls are hands down the absolute most common options strat in the world!

He is a big gold and silver champion, and the "world's most valuable asset during a crisis" is......... wait for it.......farmland!

To top things off he lost a lawsuit with the SEC where it was determined that he defrauded investors, after claiming he had an inside source on some plutonium deal that wasn't yet made public. He was ordered to pay something like $1.5MM in damages. He still claims innocence but his story doesn't completely pan out, and his representation of the "facts" suggests to me that either he is delusional or pathological.

I never subscribe to any of these services, but I enjoy taking a couple minutes to uncover a fraud. Do yourself a favor, stay away from this guy.

#28     Mar 10, 2011

9. The 2009 budget was signed into law under Bush. Obama is responsible for 2010 and forward. You need to shift the responsiblily up 1 for all the presidents listed, in fact.

#29     Mar 11, 2011
  10. Something interesting that I saw recently . I was watching "trader " with Paul Tudor jones from 1987 and they thought the debt at that time would cause huge reprocusions in a couple years and we made it this far lol so hopefully we have another 20 years left .

#30     Mar 11, 2011