The Fiction Of Climate Science

Discussion in 'Politics' started by drjekyllus, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Wallet

Wallet

Taken from the article,

What about the ice mass of Antarctica? Along with land based ice, which can raise sea levels when melted into the ocean, another significant indicator of polar temperature is the extent of floating sea ice. As the above table prepared by researchers at the University of Illinois indicates, the actual sea ice surrounding Antarctica is well above average. The black line represents the last 12 months of sea ice area, based on satellite data. You can see the sea ice reached a peak of 15 million square kilometers around September, during the peak of the southern winter. You can see it dropped to a low of 2 million square kilometers in mid-February, at the height of the southern summer. Currently the sea ice surrounding Antarctica is 7 million square kilometers and rising. The red line, however, is what is significant, because the red line indicates whether or not the sea ice is above or below the historical norm. And as you can see, as of May 2009, Antarctic sea ice is about 1.0 million square kilometers above normal.

-----------------------------------------------

What's so hard to understand about that?

#11     Dec 8, 2009
  2. "Floating" sea ice. Yes, melted, a broken ice shelf becomes floating ice.

You tell me. Floating ice comes from somewhere, and it's not salt water. Thank you for your supportive citation.

Although I didn't need your citation in support of my argument, I do appreciate your willingness to throw aside partisan goggles and adopt whichever view is based on more evidence.

#12     Dec 8, 2009
  3. Hey dumbshit - - - do some research. The polar cap expands in the winter (duh). The antarctic ice has been increasing. The Climategate leaks show what this is . . . a big scam for money and power. - - -

#13     Dec 8, 2009
  4. Southern hemisphere winter or northern hemisphere winter? Because they're kind of opposite, you know.

Not according to the GRACE satellite measurements of antarctic mass.

Actually it shows nothing of the sort.

#14     Dec 8, 2009
  5. Wallet

Wallet

The Ice cap is expanding, maybe in your one little field it's gone, but everywhere else it's growing..... keep grasping for straws, the veil has been lifted and the world can now see the fraud.

Climatgate exposed, today the Dems have given up on the Public Option........ the sound we hear from the Liberal left,

Waaaaaaaa!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS7nqwGt4-I&feature=PlayList&p=A7A7E5B00F312921&index=0&playnext=1

#15     Dec 8, 2009
  6. So the Larsen A ice sheet is still there? The Larsen B ice sheet is still there? How is the Wilkins' Ice sheet bridge doing? It's gone too.

No, the world is ignoring the nuts and proceeding with a massive climate conference in Copenhagen specifically to address global warming.

Actually you're hearing the Doppler effect of the world racing away from you.

#16     Dec 8, 2009
  7. Fine maybe it will keep you lunatics away.

One never knows if your disease is communicable.

#17     Dec 9, 2009
  8. #18     Dec 9, 2009
  9. You know that question got me thinking,about soros.
    Truly I wish he'd spend himself penniless on his kooky ideas.

I expect I'll celebrate his demise just like I did for arafat.

#19     Dec 9, 2009
  10. The burning of fossil fuels is bad for everyone and everything and needs to be reduced as fast as possible, especially with developing countries bringing infrastructure online without the resources to make sure it's powered cleanly (read: they're going to be burning a lot of oil in unregulated settings). This is true regardless of whether CO2 emissions are raising the temperature or causing the ice mass to melt. Simply put, we need to reduce the amount of fossil fuel we're burning and we need to invest in technologies which mitigate the damage caused by the fossil fuel we (especially developing countries including China) can't help but burn.

#20     Dec 10, 2009