The federal government is attacking Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 27, 2011.

1. This lizard thing sounds like more rhetoric than fact:

Report Debunks New Mexico Congressman Pearce's Claims About Protection for Rare Lizard

Analysis Finds Less Than 1 Percent of Oil, Gas Lands Proposed for Leasing in
    Southeastern New Mexico Were Affected in 2010, 2011

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.— A Center for Biological Diversity report on oil and gas leasing released today debunks claims by Rep. Steve Pearce (R-N.M.) that protection for the dunes sagebrush lizard will jeopardize “most of the oil and gas jobs in southeast New Mexico.” The Center’s analysis of U.S. Bureau of Land Management data finds that protecting the lizard would affect less than 1 percent of public lands where drilling was proposed in 2010 and 2011.

“Representative Pearce’s outlandish claim that the dunes sagebrush lizard will be a huge job-killer for the oil and gas industry simply isn’t backed up by the facts,” said Jay Lininger, an ecologist with the Center and author of the report. “This endangered animal occupies a fraction of the public lands proposed for oil and gas drilling. Even where the lizard lives, drilling can go forward in almost every instance.”

Today’s report analyzes oil and gas areas proposed for leasing in 2010 and 2011 by BLM field offices in Carlsbad and Roswell.

In 2010 and the first half of 2011, the BLM offered 52,874 acres for lease in southeast New Mexico. Only 2,920 of those acres (5.5 percent) were identified by the BLM as habitat for the lizard. The agency determined that drilling could go forward on all 2,920 acres subject to conditions intended to protect habitat."

http://www.biologicaldiversity.org/news/press_releases/2011/dunes-sagebrush-lizard-05-04-2011.html

#51     May 30, 2011
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Where can I inquire as to what the land rent payments will be once I pay off the mortgage?

#52     May 30, 2011
  3. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Uhuh, and this is the exact conditions they expressed for limitations relating to the spotted owl. Unfortunately "conditions intended to protect habitat" generally means no roads. No roads means no well sites.

The left want energy production in the United States to be mostly eliminated. In the fairy-tale world they are occupying we will power our homes and industry with windmills and solar panels, except in conditions of darkness and the absence of wind of course.

My personal belief is that the Obama regime has decided to implement defacto controls on carbon emissions via regulation and executive order. They're counting on there being enough looney-left judges around to support them.

#53     May 30, 2011

4. I've worked in the oil biz and it is very common for both the regulators and drillers to work out a plan to both drill and protect habitat, else why are we seeing near RECORD levels of drilling in my home state of Texas, especially in the Eagle Ford formation..

BTW-if you got the skills, I'd bet you could land a high paying job in this play, maybe the biggest since Spindletop. There is money to made for near anyone willing to work and pee in a bottle. Petro Engineers are starting at $180K.

I don't hear the oil execs complaining much if at all about this lizard. I'd bet most of them don't know about the issue.

I doubt Obama has even heard of this.

#54     May 30, 2011
  5. What conclusion(s) could one draw if one were to replace in the above post the word succession by secession, and the word spelling by the word spinning?

#55     May 30, 2011
  6. Well, just take a good look at your yearly PROPERTY TAXES! :cool:

Lovin that land RENT! :eek:

#56     May 30, 2011
  7. You nailed it! :)

#57     May 30, 2011
  8. Ft. Hood is loyal to Washington. And even if they were to flip they have only the 1st Cav as a serious combat concern. I think you believe too much of the bigger better Texas press. I would be much more concerned about Georgia than Texas.

#58     May 31, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

So I'm paying a mortgage AND rent?

#59     May 31, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

That I had gotten up too early and misspelled two words in the same post?

Say that reminds me, you still deleting trade entry posts after the market starts going against you?
    http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3166754&highlight=deleted#post3166754

And how about those paper trades of yours?

#60     May 31, 2011