The federal government is attacking Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 27, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

They should have the right, without the right where's the liberty?
    Only because no one wants to go down in history as the Prez at the time the US fell apart.

Actually I did, much of it right here on ET. They were crying how the red states were dragging down the country and how wonderful the world would be if only the red states were no longer in the USA.

#31     May 29, 2011

2. You mind posting some of these posts from liberals saying that blue states should secede

#32     May 29, 2011
  3. Ricter

Ricter

The actual idea was, iirc, that we should let the blue states go, since they were (and are) economically unprofitable. But Lucrum is right, the sentiment at that time, by at least one poster anyway, was "let them go".

#33     May 29, 2011
  4. Ok.That poster was an idiot

#34     May 29, 2011
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

He and the others like him are also your fellow liberals.

#35     May 29, 2011
  6. Liberals didn't have a state governor and huge public support for succession like republicans

#36     May 29, 2011
  7. rew

rew

I agree. I oppose homosexual marriage because I don't think children should be raised by homosexuals, but it is a matter for state legislatures, not the federal government, and not judges legislating from the bench.

#37     May 29, 2011
  8. Lucrum

Lucrum

No but then according to you your liberal buddies are still idiots. And "huge public support for succession" sounds like all the more reason to support it to me.

#38     May 29, 2011
  9. 1 liberal idiot on et does not represent liberals.The governor of Texas represents a lot of dumbass republicans though

Huge public support from republicans,the same people who were birthers and want trump,palin,bachmenn etc to be president.Sounds like all the more reason to NOT support it to me

#39     May 29, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

If you despise republicans so much why force them to remain in the union against their will?

#40     May 29, 2011