The federal government is attacking Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 27, 2011.

1. BSAM

BSAM

Whatever he did landed him in the White House.

#11     May 27, 2011
  2. I didn't argue it because I guess him bailing out GM might have help unions but overall Obama has been quiet in the Union fight and unions nationwide have complained about it.When Chris Christie,Wisconsin and other states are attacking unions Obama is no where to be found

I should have noted that Obama has done more for wall street,those who make over 250,000 a year,the military industrial complex,the health insurance industry and the pharmaceutical industry then he has for blacks,unions gays and GE.But thats AAA beltway arguing that Obama is a far left liberal nonsense as usual

#12     May 27, 2011
  3. ==========
    As DOW theory has proved, no man or fed is bigger than the market;
    market/men voted against him last NOV.:D Unleaded gas is downtrending -Memorial day-his /alGore war against petroleum is a failure.

:D Not a prediction:cool:

#13     May 27, 2011
  4. Well that we can agree on

#14     May 27, 2011
  5. Ricter

Ricter

I think TX is about the least unionized state in a nation with little unionization left.

#15     May 27, 2011
  6. pspr

pspr

And yet a recent poll here on ET showed that nearly half of the posters would vote Obama back into office. Something more is amiss.

#16     May 28, 2011
  7. Stiffed auto company creditors to prop up UAW, when they were the main reason for the companies' demise.

"Stimulus" bill was largely used to subsidize local governments so they wouldn't be forced to lay off highly paid union workers or do anything about their benefits.

Obama appointed a far left former SEIU union lawyer to be General Counsel of the NLRB. He brought a scary case to bar Boeing from operating an already constructed factory in SC because it was a right to work, ie no forced unionization, state.

Obama backed the legislation that would have done away with secret ballots in union organizing elections, opening workers to coercion from union goons.

Obama attacked wisconsin and its governor as unions basically engaged in an insurrection to try to intimidate the legislature into not passing reforms to collective bargaining for public employees.

I could go on, but the big items were obviously the auto bailout, which left the UAW basically unscathed, and the stimulus bill, which was a direct transfer from taxpayers to unionized government workers.

Obama is clearly far more dangerous than the usual dopey, reformer liberal. He is a charter member of the hard left, who wants to use the raw power of the federal government to force far-reaching changes on society that could not be achieved through legislation. He is very comfortable with the intimidation and bullyboy tactics of unions, and he is very dependent on their financial and manpower support. If your vision of a country you want to live in is repeated municipal strikes, union goons going on rampages and workers being forced to subsidize union bosses and the democrat party, he is your guy.

#17     May 28, 2011
  8. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Yes, the Obama Thugocracy. That will be his legacy.

I'm hoping some independent-minded western state puts the judicial smackdown on this regime because it is becoming clear that the Republican Party is not up to the task.

#18     May 28, 2011
  9. 377OHMS

377OHMS

#19     May 28, 2011
  10. Ricter

Ricter

#20     May 28, 2011