The federal government is attacking Texas

Discussion in 'Politics' started by 377OHMS, May 27, 2011.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I'd argue demographics work against the Democrats as well. More and more people leaving places like Illinois or California for places where tax friendly legislation (like Texas or Florida) welcomes them. This causes a population dispersion change, and will one day influence the readjustment of congressional alignment to those more conservative states.

#91     May 31, 2011
  2. They maybe republicans because they want to cut their taxes and turn their employees into slaves but they made their money and built/run their businesses in democratic states/business environments

#92     May 31, 2011
  3. When that happens Texas will be a blue state .Most of Texas's fortune 500 companies are in Houston,a solid blue city

Florida is only a purple state because of their large # of Sr's that vote Republican,they will die soon leaving Florida blue

#93     May 31, 2011
  4. And to further that point, my theory is that this upcoming generation of politicians will be more fiscally conservative than the boomer generation that is gradually being replaced. They will have experienced the brunt of failed asset inflation economics (i.e. run perpetually loose fiscal policy to bump asset prices with consequential devastating effects for the real economy).

We always have to remember the very real ponzi symptoms of our financial system. While boomers who bought real estate and/or stocks 10-20 years ago, it's this current generation that are priced out of everything with enormous student debt loads. I'm certain that they also are eyeing these golden parachutes for public employees with a bit of disdain as well.

#94     May 31, 2011
  5. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Slaves, lol...

It would probably (and unfortunately) surprise you to know that many of the companies we're referring to made set up shop in states not because of the policies of the Left, but because of tax breaks. As those breaks dry up or taxes rise, they will leave. Of course, the Democrats can always pull a Boeing on them and hold them put.

#95     May 31, 2011
  6. Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 10 years there happens to be a mass migration away from the American ponzi scheme. There are places like Brazil which have the same system but are not as far lost in the scheme.

Hundreds of thousands of college graduates with huge student debts + Brazil has no extradition policy with the US = Broke graduates with no jobs go to to Brazil and never come back.

#96     May 31, 2011