The fed will raise rates tomorrow by .25% ?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Innervoice, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Innervoice

Innervoice

Im guessing they do. Had it not been for the banks, they would go .50%. Unless the fed knows something much more ominous looms around the corner, I dont see them pausing.
    Inflation is still high and housing barely came down altnough activity slowed.

ktm and murray t turtle like this.
  2. %%
    THAT;
    or 00.000%.Good eggs\ downtrend;not sure the Fed watches that
    Like the GS older CEO [older than David Solomon] told the WSJ ''things are usually not as bad as they appear.''
    I mean that CA bank takeover could have include all the fake crpto cr*p\ but it did not.LOL.:D:D Like the jumping black singer from chicago USa sang;
    got more than my share,,
    Halleluiah, i'm a millionaire.[Us dollars context Red Rocks Homecoming Song ]:caution::caution:

3. zdreg

zdreg

Does .25% really matter. Does the message matter except to day traders? If the fed doesn't raise that will affect the market. Positively or negatively.

murray t turtle likes this.
  4. mikeriley

mikeriley

Should be fun with the Triple Top on NQ

Screenshot_60.png

5. TheDawn

TheDawn

The fed will raise rates tomorrow by .25% ?

-For sure!!! Most likely it was planning to raise the interest rate by 50 bps but due to the multiple bank failures recently that everybody is blaming the Feds on, it's going to just stick with the 25 bps.

6. Poljot

Poljot

Pause.

7. Overnight

Overnight

Nope. A pause sends the wrong message about the stability of our banking system, and 50 beeps signals a devil-may-care attitude by the Fed. These would both be bad for markets.

I reckon' they'll do .25. The real key here though, which it has been for forever, is the messaging Powell gives during his Q&A. THAT is where the rubber meets the road. Will he relent or will he stand strong as the questions roll in? This one could be a doozy.

Truly the best of both worlds would be to just do the .25, and say "we are now going to stand back and let our increases filter through the market, and re-assess in the fall."

birdman and TheDawn like this.
  8. easymon1

easymon1

That could be a possible Double Top with classic entry on close below the Doji Sandwich at 12000,
    but if the Doji Sandwich prevails it means further upside follow through. Let's see what happens.
    Watch for Setups and Triggers.
    Double Tops
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...t-right-here-baby.335635/page-18#post-5309309
    Bigalow Doji Sandwich Setup
    https://elitetrader.com/et/threads/...t-right-here-baby.335635/page-27#post-5568334

delete.jpg

9. Darc

Darc

SVB was already in Capitulation before collapse. Economy still strong. Fed will NOT pause.

10. schizo

schizo

THERE WILL BE NO RATE HIKE TOMORROW.

Powell will reiterate his stance against inflation, but will also mention that a pause is necessary considering the current state of affairs surrounding the banking problem.

#10     Mar 21, 2023