The Fed is fucking up the Yield Curve

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin2, Aug 25, 2007.

1. Dr. Evil: How 'bout no, you crazy Dutch bastard!

#21     Aug 26, 2007
  2. All I know, is that I want some cash from the discount window!
    I could create my own note, they're all worthless paper anyways!

Second, there is no risk in the market, put all your cash in stocks, walk away, and the greenspan put will aleve all your worries!

#22     Aug 26, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

sorry to hear that papst. it is pitty because it was discussed on several threads beforehand that flattening is the name of the game due to supply issues + flight from quality. hope you do better next week!

note: all action happens in short end - leave bonds for the beginning of Sep.

#23     Aug 26, 2007
  4. dhpar

dhpar

you are funny daddyeaux. for every positive thing I find you find 2 negative :).

kudos for the housing guess long time ago - despite I still believe it is not an issue in a big scheme of things...
    but psychology and lack of education of the crowd can do wonders.

#24     Aug 26, 2007
  5. Cy_M

Cy_M

I don't think any of these Fed actions had anything in favor of the general masses, the problem will eventually catch up undoubtedly and the people will suffer again while the paper owners will laugh their way to the banks!
    The only true winner of all these was GW whom a financial crisis(disaster) would have guaranteed his place in the history as the worst ever and his party would have totally lost it,s chance for the 98 elections completely.
    If you remember the news, on the very first day of the problem it was announced that WH and GW personally are monitoring the markets...!?!

#25     Aug 26, 2007
  6. well, I've been thru several housing busts but they didn't rock the financial markets like this one will...

I think the real fireworks lay ahead since 600 billion $ of subprime resets happen in the next 8 months...

I'm not a pessimist, just a realist, and listening to CNBC you'd think this whole thing is not a big deal.

me thinks we're still in the first inning of this game

#26     Aug 26, 2007
  7. dhpar

dhpar

yup - nothing against that BUT people that are going to be hurt the most were not big consumers before anyway so the economic impact is of the second order.

Next I do not believe that consumers decisions are driven primarily by equity withdrawals. In my simple view it is driven much more by future prospects of economy, career etc., i.e. as long as employment and world economy is fine people are going to consume (likely in lesser pace than before though).

#27     Aug 26, 2007