The Fed is fucking up the Yield Curve

Discussion in 'Economics' started by The Kin2, Aug 25, 2007.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Worldwide there has been $200,000,000,000 worth of injections. That was only in 1 week. The credit bubble is only getting worse, lowering the discount rates by 50 points last Friday wasnt the smartest thing to do since it will create an only bigger bubble in some other asset class.

#11     Aug 25, 2007
  2. ron2368

ron2368

For those who borrowed and are now in financial trouble , what does the fed lowering rates a point do for them? Will they all refinance?

#12     Aug 25, 2007
  3. dhpar

dhpar

..said after probably one of the easiest weeks for curve trading ever...

#13     Aug 25, 2007
  4. $200 billion in money creation and all of it is going to buy 1 month t-bills.....

a solution trying to find the problem in the dark

#14     Aug 25, 2007
  5. dinoman

dinoman

Wall Street is causing the yield curve not the Fed. The Fed was instilled for main street not Wall Street. If Wall street does'nt like to freakin bad they are getting exactly what they deserve.

#15     Aug 25, 2007
  6. What the hell are you talking about?

#16     Aug 25, 2007

7. If tens of billions of dollars are being given to financial institutions via open market transactions, it's only a matter of time before inflations creeps up higher.

#17     Aug 25, 2007
  8. I made a very wrong guess this week dhbar. I'll put it in my journal but essentially I covered my Bond shorts Wednesday night with 5'yrs. I was short ES from 83.25 (I was scaled up to 86 so it's not like I guessed the exact high) and I thought the selloff in stocks would give the front end at least a pause in it's freefall while the Bond came off. On Thursday I was covering Bonds 12 ticks worse than the corresponding levels I'd bought some of those 5's. Plus I underweighted the 5yr side of the trade cutting the money that some of those longs made. I was saved only by overtrading on Thursdays highs (I sold the shit out of the 10yrs off that 26 level) and catching the reaction for a handful of ticks.

#18     Aug 25, 2007
  9. the fed is fucking up the yield curve????

how about the yield curve is fucking up the Fed.??????

#19     Aug 25, 2007
  10. dinoman

dinoman

Did I stuttt .... er?

Wall Street is trying to manipulate and force the Fed into what they want is what I am talking about. If you look back into history and see why the Fed was instilled, it was for all of America! Not just the money greeding dumbass short-term antics of the shallow Wall Street people. They can try and force the Fed all they want with the curve. If the Fed falls for it and become shallow bitches like the main of Wall street then so be it. It will be nothing new to F'ing the american people. Many of the Wall Street companies have become nothing more than "How much can you F*ck the next guy and how hard?" If the Fed does its job then they can eat sheet and go bankrupt for the fools who were trying to make cheap and fast money.

There are so many people crying about how the Fed is screwing it all up. That is complete BULLSHIT! The people who f'ed up were the dumbasses trying to rape innocent american people and now its coming back on them. As far as I am concerned those people can go F*ck themselves and eat sh*t.

Oh they are going bankrupt help them Fed! F*ck that let them go bankrupt. But , it will hurt the american people some may say? Well if those people were doing their homework they would have bailed on these short-term phony ass strategies. (It was pigeon holing most of them anyways)

If the small fry was staying with these companies through the downfall then they get what they deserve. Do your homework or take it in the arsh.

As far as mortgage, banks and finance companies they can go to hell if they made stupid investments. They have been making money hand over fist in bonuses misleading the american public.

As far as I am concerned they can show up in town square to be stoned to death for being shallow money grubbing bitches!

#20     Aug 26, 2007